About the job
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM Cloud security architects are experts at taking challenging security and compliance demands and translating them into systems, processes, requirements or enhancements to IBM platforms that allow security engineers and developers to implement risk-averse, compliant solutions.
The IBM Cloud is built upon agile development methodologies and DevOps practices. As such our security architects are required to lead the way in SecDevOps best practice, developing security mechanisms and automation that provides developers with systems to quickly identify and report on potential security issues throughout the software development lifecycle. Familiarity with on-premesis, classic and next-generation cloud architectures will differentiate candidates in this role.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Security architects understand strategic priorities, business and technical requirements, issues and tactical problems, to develop and articulate robust and innovative security technical solutions. They present, review and modify the solution with key stakeholders to validate alignment with compliance/business need, as well as technical feasibility. The solutions they build align with internal security, regulatory, and governmental entity requirements.
A Security Architect is a subject matter expert for security and regulatory compliance, fills a critical role in the overall success of the engagement and is the primary source of IBM Cloud security solution design and development. They work in conjunction with the larger pursuit team (Sales, TSM, HR, C&N, Delivery, Pricing, Risk, etc), to deliver a winning solution, that prioritizes the remediation of security gaps, and follows secure engineering principles within the infrastructure.
How we will help you grow
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Active US top secret or higher clearance.
- Proven experience of a minimum 10 years of deep technical experience in software security and architecture.
- 5 years’ experience working across teams to identify security requirements and translate requirements into technical architecture designs.
- Proficiency with compliance frameworks: FedRAMP, SOC2, etc.
- Experience with:
- SIEM (QRadar, Splunk, Nitro, etc.)
- SOAR (Resilient, Demisto, ServiceNOW, etc.)
- Ticketing (JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- EDR (VmWare React, FireEye, CrowdStrike, etc.)
- DAST/SAST (IBM AppScan, SonarQube, etc.)
- Vulnerability & Baseline (Qualys, Tenable Security Center, etc)
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Soft skills – excellent written and verbal communication, explaining vulnerabilities, writing reports, coordinating with other teams.
- Travel: Up to 50%
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM’s success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Dallas, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors