Role Value Proposition:
This role serves as a key member of the cloud security team, within IT Risk and Security, focusing on security controls for the cloud environment. The primary focus will be securing cloud technologies, ensuring systems are properly implemented, appropriate processes are developed, and daily monitoring and alerts are managed. This role must have a strong understanding of, and experience with, various IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms, identifying and eliminating risks in these environments.
- Partner with architecture, engineering, application, security, and operational staff to identify and drive resolution on Cloud security projects and issues
- Conduct Security reviews and recommendation for IaaS, PaaS, & SaaS Cloud environments
- Monitor cloud services to ensure the latest security improvements can be implemented.
- Remediate issues around misconfigurations that might arise out of improper coding practices.
- Keep up to date and learn new technologies/Cloud Platforms and ability to understand how security controls are implemented in the Cloud.
- Evaluate Network Security and Encryption protocols and make recommendations
- Interface with vendors to ensure the appropriate tools, configurations, and workflows are in place
- Develop data protection proposals using Data loss prevention (DLP), Data discovery / classification, and digital rights management (DRM) tools.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 5+ years in information Security domains
- 2+ Years of Experience with any of the major public Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) and ability to translate different security domains into controls at different layers within the cloud.
- 2+ Years Experience with cloud security technologies, processes, and best practices.
- 1+ years of Experience in one or more of the scripting tools (Python, Terraform, Powershell).
- 2+ Years of experience with Design and implementing Cloud Native Security controls.
- 2+ years of Experience with Active Directory/Azure Active Directory.
- Industry recognized cloud security certification (CCSP, CCSK, CCC-PCS, etc.)
- Industry recognized information security and/or cloud certification (CISSP)
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Strong ability to communicate to stakeholders with various levels of expertise
- Strong record of success in supporting large scale programs, preferably in a global organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in related field
IT Risk & Security
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116493
- Address Cary, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors