About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We have a team of security compliance leaders and architects overseeing solutions for this complex environment, collaborating with security architects and Cloud DevOps teams internally and around IBM.
The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team to support business units and corporate functions to assess, develop and implement solutions aligned with security policies, strategy and requirements. A security compliance architect will perform the following types of functions
- Provide guidance on security architecture, practices & solutions to help business units build & deliver solutions
- Design and contribute to security architecture processes that enable the enterprise to develop and implement secure solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with the business, technology, and threat drivers
- Develop global security standards for technology platforms, participate in the development and update of key security controls
- Testing control evidence to determine effectiveness of control implementation
- Participate in cloud and application security strategic planning and execution. These initiatives and programs will feed directly into organization wide strategic security plan.
- Participate in discussions related to building secure, resilient and cloud ready solutions based on multi-tenancy architecture, cloud-native development, etc.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction in the design and implementation of automated solutions, based on a set of standards and processes that enable our application developers to easily consume security and compliance services.
- Responsible for coordinating with other Engineers, Architects, and teams in implementing a comprehensive cloud and application security program in a DevOps environment.
- Experienced in leveraging DevOps tools to build, harden, maintain and instrument a comprehensive cloud-based security orchestration platform to be consumed in product CI/CD pipelines.
- Mentor other teams on security.
The security compliance architect will participate in some or all of the following:
- Providing subject matter expertise in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate enterprise programs, policies, and procedures to be compliant with regulations governing the banking and financial services industry
- Having the ability to utilize working knowledge of information security best practices such as NIST SP 800 series and ISO 27000 series
- Interpreting standards, requirements, and their application to the enterprise Cloud environment in the most reasonable and cost-effective manner
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and overseeing enforcement of security policies
- Collaborating with security compliance leaders and technical security teams to define and implement security processes and procedures based on financial services requirements and industry-standard best practices. Defining the requirements and validating the procedures and audit testing methodology
- Assisting team members and internal clients in addressing highly complex security issues applicable to the banking and financial services cloud environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Successful security compliance architects will possess 3-5 years experience demonstrating the following skills or knowledge (required)
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulatory requirements related to the protection of financial and other sensitive data, and develop and implement appropriate processes to achieve and maintain compliance and reduce risk
- Experience with Cloud operations and network security services, including firewalls, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, OS patching, system hardening/health checking
- Experience with container-based architectures and implementations such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- Excellent knowledge of security and risk management trends as well as emerging threats and vulnerabilities
- Expert knowledge of security controls and countermeasures including practical experience with identity management, cyber-security and IT processes / solutions
- Excellent skills in risk assessment processes, policy development, proposals, work statements, product evaluations, and delivery of technology
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience with compliance programs such as HiTRUST, FFIEC or FedRAMP/ FISMA, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC 2, or PCI
- Diagnosing the root cause of problems and propose solutions
- Expertise in system configuration, especially privilege control, and system level firewall
- Working in a challenging production environment
- Administering systems that are internet facing
- Excellent knowledge of application development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Dev Ops) and the processes and practices used to secure them
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills with an ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to stand firm on issues yet be flexible and creative when working with customers to find effective solutions
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
- Project Management knowledge and experience a strong plus
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors