About the job
Promontory Financial Group (“Promontory”), an IBM Company, is a global leader in strategy, risk management, and compliance consulting. Promontory excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension.
Our unique domain expertise, combined with IBM’s world-class technology, allows us to resolve challenging national and cross-border issues in banking, securities, commodities, financial instruments, markets, digital assets, and insurance.
Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations.
Promontory is a leading strategy, risk management, and regulatory compliance consulting firm focusing on the financial services industry. Our professionals, with deep expertise gained through decades of leadership at regulatory bodies, Fortune 100 corporations, and consultancies, help entities understand and implement global and national financial services regulation and risk and governance practices, and operate effectively.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Promontory Financial Group, LLC, an IBM Company is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Unlike many law and consulting firms, we focus upon a single core competency: mastery of U.S. and global financial regulation.
We are currently seeking a an experienced hire (at least 3 years of prior experience) to join our Cyber, Cloud, and Operational Risk practice. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience as a member of project teams addressing complex issues in high pressure situations, as well as familiarity with the cloud, outsourcing, IT risk management and cybersecurity requirements that apply to financial services firms.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Work directly with financial services clients to assess and help develop their cloud strategy, information security/cybersecurity and IT risk management programs against regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Assist financial services clients with transitions to cloud computing platforms and help build compliant cloud governance programs
- Support the development of concrete, actionable roadmaps for improving information security/cybersecurity and IT risk management programs and achieving strategic initiatives (e.g., cloud transformation)
- Interface with clients in the strategic design process to translate security, risk management and business requirements into technical designs and act as client’s point of contact for engagement delivery on a daily basis and manage small teams dedicated to client delivery
- Ability to interact comfortably with Executive Management and Board Members of clients and regulatory authorities generally with a Managing Director
- Travel as required to client sites in the United States and internationally. Time spent traveling ranges from 30-100 percent
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Good analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation skills, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan for and execute multi-part project plans.
- Enthusiasm, timeliness, professionalism, desire to learn.
- Must be self-motivated, determined and goal-oriented.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of fundamental cloud, security technologies and tooling, and secure software development lifecycle concepts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science or a related field
- 1-2 years of professional experience with an impressive academic pedigree and some experience in consulting, financial services, technology/fintech or government regulatory agency with an IT risk-related role
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 2 years of experience in consulting, financial services, technology/fintech or government regulatory agency with an IT risk-related role. Preferred not required.
About Business Unit
Founded in 2001 by Chief Executive Officer Eugene A. Ludwig, former U.S. comptroller of the currency, Promontory became a wholly owned subsidiary of IBM in 2016.
Operating at the intersection of strategy, risk management, technology, and regulation, Promontory helps clients achieve their business goals through designing and implementing strategic initiatives, performing key functions, and managing regulatory, operational, and financial risks. We are a trusted partner to both financial and non-financial corporations and governing bodies. We work with boards of directors, senior management, business-line leaders and compliance professionals to help improve functions and business results.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors