About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Continuing on the IBM tradition of been a leader for decades in providing the security technology and services needed to protect client computing environments around the world. Now, our Security Services is helping clients secure new hybrid cloud workloads which extend to ( e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba, IBM Cloud, etc.).
IBM is looking for an experienced Network Security Architect, to help define, prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the design, development, delivery of new differentiated capabilities. She/He will present Security Offerings to deliver compelling client experiences and will be expected to participate in the full life-cycle of learning opportunities, including delivery of solutions within the client environments. Provide consultation services. Design & Drive the implementation and Manage their environment as they migrate and Adopt ZTNA, SDP, SASE, etc. Solve the world’s most complicated security challenges with clients around the globe and be involved in the fast growing, cyber security space while working for a company that’s a recognized leader in the enterprise security space.
- Research and identify new opportunities for IBM Security Services to innovate on behalf of our clients and work with IBM and non-IBM technology partners as it relates to their technology being leveraged as part of IBM’s Security and Compliance offerings.
- Work with local and regional delivery leadership teams and sales leadership teams around the world to understand and track the health and adoption of security services within your assigned portfolio and gather feedback of future needs and existing gaps.
- Work with Global and local architecture offering leaders and Hyperscalers leaders around the world to provide the greatest level of integration and adoption of our security and compliance capabilities within their assigned portfolio and gather feedback of future needs and existing gaps.
- Requires collaboration and coordination across internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of our organization, working with our clients, partners, other vendors, and operational stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Proven strong business judgement and ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive business objectives
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and opinions into simple stories, problem solving skills and strong technical competence
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions from conception through completion in an iterative way to address the Network Security Challenges of our clients and provide direct value to their business.
- The Security Architect will be responsible for owning the Technical strategy and execution for one or more Security Service offerings. The Security Architect leads the detailed direction and priorities across the different technologies and solutions within a Security Domain (e.g., Network Security, etc.).
- Will make sure that the architecture is properly leveraging the Security services / capabilities of the CSPs but also making sure that is in synergy with the overall IBM Offerings architecture to provide the greatest level of efficiencies to the client but also across the IBM offerings
- Drive the cross-functional, cross-division or cross-unit, cross-offerings collaborative efforts to define the architecture of our offerings to meet our customers needs and increase our efficiencies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have experience in one or more of Hyperscalers – AWS, Azure and Google plus VMware technologies.
- They should have skills in Cloud Architecture, Design and Solution Development for global client needs. This role is crucial to realizing cutting edge On-Prem, Hybrid and Multi-cloud Capabilities and Solutions for clients worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Computer Science or related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
Lead the Design, Implementation, and Expansion of Organization’s Enterprise Computing and Cloud Computing Solutions providing High Performance Services with focus on one or more of:
- Knowledge of other Cloud Providers e.g., IBM, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMware
- Exposure and good understanding in core tenants to be considered when designing, developing & deploying to a Cloud. Confident enough to leverage Cloud Platforms. Good Understanding on how to get started on Cloud Platforms. Able to identify the appropriate Cloud Platform products to use for popular architectural patterns. Good understanding on managing applications at scale and how Cloud could address each of the problems faced when designing for distributed scalable applications that are deployed across regions, Micro services, Decoupling, Self-healing, Testing & Security compliance.
- Cloud Management Platforms – Design and implement a robust cloud management implementation including orchestration and catalog capabilities.
- Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services – Design and implement cloud infrastructure services to support rapid application deployment.
- Compliance – Integrate compliance and data regulatory requirements into all solutions.
- Multi-tier architectures: Load Balancers, Caching, Web Servers, Application Servers, Networking and Databases.
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
About Business Unit
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors