About the job
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. As such, security is an integral part of our mission and we are looking for the right experts to join us. To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Cloud Application Security Engineer to join our team.
What Great Looks Like In This Role
Our ideal candidate is passionate, collaborative and highly knowledgeable in the cloud security space. You’ll use your skills to make a significant impact in an area with high visibility. As such, we are looking for an exceptional candidate that will help build the enterprise-wide cloud security controls and lead the development, execution, and enhancements of MassMutual’s cloud cyber security risk assessment and governance program producing key performance indicators to drive the right behavior over time.
Objectives of this role
- Act as the security liaison on the cloud migration team.
- Review applications to be migrated for potential additional changes needed to security.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Influence major stakeholders and work with them to implement the Cloud Security Controls in Cloud environments (IaaS/PaaS).
- Perform the control gap assessments to prioritize the implementation of Security Controls across multiple Cloud environments (IaaS/PaaS)
- Evaluate applications as they migrate to the cloud for potential security changes.
- Work with the application teams to implement the security controls and configurations for the Hybrid Cloud environment.
Skills And Qualifications
- 5 years of experience with building software
- 3 years of experience with software security
- 3 years of experience with cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Being able to define proper risk levels that align with the company risk appetite and do not diminish velocity or innovation.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends, and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings and integrations.
- Experience with DevSecOps and Agile Methodologies along with experience with third-party Cloud security tools and dealing with Cloud Native Application Architectures and their associated security implications.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal presentation and written communication skills along with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to interface with stakeholders, utilizing consulting and negotiating skills
- Able to work east coast hours
- Willing to travel to Boston, MA; NY, NY, and Springfield, MA as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Cloud providers certifications: DevOps Foundation, CISSP, Secure Software Practitioner (SSP), AWS Foundations, Azure Foundations
Target job salary: $82,300.00 – $143,300.00 USD Annual
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
- Address Boston, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10