Job #: R-00077456
Location: Germantown, MD
Category: Cyber Security Research and Development
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
Referral Eligibility: Ineligible
At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to challenges and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for a Chief Cyber Security Engineer to provide leadership, direction, and hands-on management for delivery of mission enabling cybersecurity services of critical national security importance
The Chief Cyber Security Engineer will support operations for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The successful candidate will provide integrated Information & Cybersecurity Services including Enterprise Operations, End User Support, Software Engineering, Cloud technologies and Cybersecurity. This role is also responsible for maintaining system engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. The work includes scheduling and prioritizing in accordance with organizational needs and establishing leadership buy-in for the prioritization and activities. The engineer engages infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support. In addition, the position involves establishing and maintaining the schedule for delivery, deliver regular reporting, and track improvements across the environment.
- US Citizenship
- Active DOE Q or TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber related discipline and 12 or more years of prior relevant work experience within IT/Cybersecurity
- 4+ years of experience leading cybersecurity teams or projects
- DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level III certification
- Experience with vulnerability scanning platforms
- Experience with centralized logging platforms
- Ability to conceptualize, Design, Build, and Maintain current and future enterprise support tools and platforms.
- Perform root-cause analysis and provide recommendations
- Knowledge, experience, and scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, PERL, Bash, Node, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamental of agile project management
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Strong Networking background
- Ability to work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to timely solve technical problems at the network, system, and application levels.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- CISSP Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of start
- DOE and/or NNSA site experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of DOE and/or NNSA security policies and procedures
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Experience working within Security Operation Center (SOC) environments
- Knowledge of and/or experience with SD 205.1
Travel up to 10%
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
- Address Germantown, MD, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20