About the job
Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
US Product Management
The Popular Bank Treasury Management Product team is looking for a Business Analyst who is excited to actively ideate, build, and grow our Commercial Credit Cards program.
You will be part of a dynamic and mission focused team helping transform the Commercial Cards business from grounds up. If you are motivated to get things done with a high degree of autonomy instead of expecting to be directed on “what” and “when” to do things, then this is the job for you. You will have the opportunity to leverage your experiences, influence the product vision, and define the go-to-market strategies. You will partner with cross functional teams to improve the product’s scalability, operating efficiency and sales. This is an exciting opportunity where you will quickly see the results of your contributions through increased revenue growth and improved client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate must have Credit Cards experience in either Small Business or Commercial segments. A good understanding of the Commercial Cards ecosystem, different types of programs (Corporate / T&E, Purchasing, Virtual Card Accounts, etc.) will be an advantage.
In This Position, You Will
- Actively participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and/or Request for Information (RFI) process for helping to create a future compatible Commercial Cards program for the bank
- Help drive sustainable, profitable growth through competitor analysis, pricing reviews, repricing efforts, and KPI development
- Leverage internal data, client feedback, and market insights, to pro-actively identify opportunities for product and process enhancements to increase client satisfaction and utilization/spend
- Support Product Manager in managing strategic and tactical initiatives for their products; Support activities related to Compliance, Legal, Regulatory requirements
- Assist in evaluating, analyzing and planning new product offerings and identifying cross sell opportunities for existing products. Help define business case, project scope, and manage milestones & deliverables
- Provide analytical support including analyzing sales, revenue, pricing, as well as conduct competitive analysis to support sustainable profitable growth for Popular Bank
- Help develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Management Reports (MIS) for Commercial Credit Cards program
- Manage application attestations & certification processes that are governed by Popular Bank’s information security and technology standards
- Help manage client issue escalations through resolution by coordinating with internal teams as well as vendors / partners as needed
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for new enhancements and product capabilities. Define use case / test plan / test scripts, execute the tests and track issues through remediation
- Help with Operational and Implementational Readiness by defining flows, tracking updates to forms and procedures, and coordinate training
- Leverage internal data, client feedback and market insights, as well as his/her own experience to pro-actively identify opportunities for enhancements, close competitive gaps, make process improvements to increase client satisfaction
- Manage and coordinate an ongoing relationship with the vendor/technology provider and cards association as needed
- Actively participate in other initiatives to achieve business goals as needed
To Be Considered, You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 years of banking experience in either Data/Analytics, Product Management or Operations
- Excellent skills in normalizing, analyzing & validating data with reliability and accuracy
- Excellent skills in data visualization though charts & pivot tables; Prior research and analytics experience are a plus
- Excellent skills in creating excellent presentation and documenting Business Requirements Documents, Procedures, Test Cases. etc.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite–particularly in Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with participating in multiple, fast paced, high visibility projects; Ability to quickly grasp the big picture while managing the details will be instrumental for your success
- Comfortable with planning, collaborating, and leading cross regional and cross-functional teams; prior project management experience is a plus
- Experience in working with Commercial Banking and Small Business segments is preferred; experience in developing wireframes and creating sales & marketing collateral, such as slip-sheets, website layouts, etc. will be a differentiator
- Ability to identify opportunities, quickly understand complex challenges and define / implement improvements in a matrixed organization is needed
- Flexibility to travel 15-20%
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Popular requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the first day of work. We will require you to provide a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. (1)
- In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: ±
2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
Popular may provide vaccination exemptions for medical or pregnancy reasons, or due to a sincerely held religious belief or practice, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship to Popular or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others. If you wish to request a vaccination exemption or have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com . This email inbox is monitored for such types of requests only. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed exemptions or reasonable accommodations. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com .
Connect with us!
Facebook Twitter Blog
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Law, Compliance, Pre-Sales, RFP, Legal, Sales
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5