About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security solutions is looking for a Brand Technical Specialist – Security to focus on the Industrial market.
IBM Security Solutions help detect, address and prevent security breaches through integrated hardware and software solutions. Powered by deep analytics and trusted IBM Security expertise, our robust portfolio of comprehensive, scalable industry leading tools deliver unparalleled security intelligence with reduced complexity and lower maintenance costs.
As an IBM Brand Technical Sales Specialist for Security, you assume overall technical leadership and responsibility for designing solutions that leverage the capabilities of the IBM Security portfolio and drive software and SaaS sales revenue. Brand Technical Specialists provide leadership of technical activities during the sales cycle, set a vision for customers, lead requirements gathering and analysis, design solutions, facilitate demos & presentations and work as an integral part of a sales team to drive customer success.
This is a senior technical sales leadership position. It is a customer facing role and the candidate must be comfortable and confident working with Client Line of Business Executives and be able to work effectively in a collaborative role with IBM sales teams and business partners.
- Position IBM value through architecture discussions and workshops
- Set the technical strategy for sales opportunities
- Lead requirements gathering and analysis
- Design Security Solutions using IBM Security Capabilities
- Client Facing Presentations, Demonstrations, and Whiteboard discussions
- Conducting Proof of Concepts
- Work as an integral part of a sales team
- Drive customer success via a continue engagement model
- Leader – Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources. Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function.
- Communicator – Advise other professionals. Effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals.
- Problem Solving – Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cybersecurity – At least 3 years in Cybersecurity Information Security Pre Sales/Sales
- IT Systems – A fundamental understanding of IT Systems and Services
- IAM – Identity and Access Management systems – Preferably IBM Verify products
- RedHat OpenShift – Baseline knowledge preferrable
- Security Architectures – In depth knowledge of identity architectures
- Networking Technologies – An understanding of the fundamentals of IT networking technologies, the basic building blocks used and how they support a secure architecture.
- Additional skills include – Ability to present material and clearly communicate between executives and technical staff; Experience developing customer proposals, technical presentations, and architecture diagrams; Experience working in a Sales Support/Consulting position and solution selling
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Identity and Access Management – Verify
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors