Are you excited by the prospect of detecting and mitigating the latest cyber attacks?
Would you enjoy protecting the world’s leading brands in a fast-paced environment?
Work with industry leading technology
Our Team strives to be the most trusted support services partner and to keep our customers online businesses up and running. We utilize tools, process and knowledge to diagnose and resolve product, platform, and customer issues. Our team delivers managed services for both media and security to proactively maintain quality and protect our customers online presence.
Respond to cyber attacks in real time
As Security Architect II in the SOCC, you’ll engage in critical network and attack-related events for our customers. As frontline defense, you will own our central alerting system, detecting and mitigating the impact of attacks. In this fast-paced environment, your exceptional support to customers impacts the future of them and Akamai.
As a Security Architect II, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging in mitigation techniques to prevent vector attacks
- Performing advanced packet analysis to identify attacks and threats to our network
- Managing and documenting technical issues, responses and requests to ensure information is recorded and updated
- Providing support to customers to remedy and resolve network and connectivity issues
- Communicating with customers regarding challenges and providing updates and results on your mitigation and analysis
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, another related field or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how the internet works, including, DNS. HTTP, Suite of IP Protocols
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to update internal documentation
- Have passion and ability to learn new tools and technologies and problem solve
- Show knowledge of common OWASP top 10 and how they relate to internet services compromise or attacks
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration and team working skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best can vary for each person.
This is a flexible role and may be performed at your home and/or the local Akamai office (in the country advertised). We are happy to discuss working options in this role and encourage you to speak with your recruiter in more detail when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, were curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. Akamai is committed to complying with COVID-19 requirements in the countries where it operates. For roles subject to vaccination mandates, we require proof of vaccination or an approved exemption, if permitted, as a condition of employment. We will provide additional details regarding our vaccine record submission and exemption request protocols during the hiring and onboarding process.
- Address Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10