About the job
IBM Security SOAR, formerly known as IBM Security Resilient®, is a SOAR tool that introduces efficiency into your Security Operations Center (SOC). It maximizes your security tools by integrating with them, guides your team through the incident response (IR) process with playbooks, and leverages automation to reduce repetitive tasks and allow your team to focus on the tasks that matter the most.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, talented individual to join the IBM SOAR team.
As a Backend Software Developer, your primary goal is to develop, enhance and support cyber security-based integrations used by IBM SOAR platform customers. Integrations are used to enrich potentially malicious indicators of compromise and to perform remediation actions.
- Develop, test, deploy and document integration code for data and process flow between IBM SOAR and other applications, including incident and task management, data query and enrichment, reporting, and complex workflow routing.
- Design frameworks for solution development usable by internal teams as well as Vendors and Customers.
- Develop team best practices, mentor team members, and build solutions for the IBM SOAR integration ecosystem.
- Qualify, prioritize, and close technical customer problems.
- Work closely with other IBM Engineering teams to deliver enhancements in the product, tools and processes.
Additional responsibilities include the creation of software development best practices, the creation of tools and utilities used internally and by customers, and improve our CI/CD development and testing automation solutions. You will work closely with Customer Success and the other engineering teams to provide customer solutions that drive engagement with the IBM SOAR platform.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of software development experience in either Java or Python, using application servers, relational databases, and message queues.
- Experience developing integration solutions with web service APIs using REST/JSON.
- Ability to install 3rd party applications in a Linux environment.
- Strong application and infrastructure knowledge; e.g. React, PostgreSQL, OAuth authentication.
- Development environment knowledge in Linux, bash/zsh shell programming, github, travis, jenkins, containerization and Kubernetes container management.
- Working knowledge of Networking concepts (firewalls, DNS, IP addressing, SSL/TLS proxies, and certificates).
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver quality code through Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with ticketing and workflow applications, enterprise security systems such as SIEMs a plus.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of experience delivering release-based software solutions.
- Strong Python 2 and Python 3 skills. Working knowledge of JSON, JINJA2, Decorators and Python packages.
- Experience developing commercially available software, following agile development methodologies.
- Experience in the cyber security industry, working with a variety of end point solutions (e.g. SIEM, TIP, DLP, Automation).
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Cambridge, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors