Full Job Description
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Your future team:
The Software Security Assessment (SSA) team is a key component of the Information Security Office (ISO). Team members serve as trusted advisors to IT and the Business, helping them effectively manage security risks. The SSA team assists asset owners in implementing appropriate security controls. By identifying vulnerabilities across all of IT, the SSA Team adds a critical control to the business and strengthen our endeavors.
About the role
- The primary responsibilities of the position are to assess adequacy of application security controls, evaluate threats and vulnerabilities and determine the level of current and residual risk and communicate these risks to business units and management
- Conduct software/application security assessments of AIG standard control requirements on a wide range of IT products including Web Applications, Web Services, Mobile Applications, Thick Clients and Infrastructure Interfaces
- Provide consulting support to ISO Leadership, BUs and LOBs on Information Security Policies, Standards, Controls, Risks and Considerations when evaluating and/or engineering new technologies
- Enforce the implementation of InfoSec Regulatory Compliance control requirements for SOX, GLBA, PCI-DSS, NYDFS, CCPA, etc.
- Support the Evergreen Program by providing SSA and Security Testing status/data as required
- Support SSA Refresh Program activities by facilitating the discussion of security controls requirements and implementation, and the review and approval of SSAs
- Ensured data accuracy in source IT systems (Archer, GEAR, CBRA, etc.)
- Assisting in optimizing the current SSA process and required artifacts
What we’re looking for:
- Strong background in application security
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills, including the ability to present options in business terms to both IT and business staff including executives
- Extensive knowledge of AIG security policies and standards
- 5+ years of experience in information security-related positions
- Experience with Archer strongly preferred
- Power BI experience a plus
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation preferred
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
IT – Information Technology Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel Relocation Provided: No AIG Employee Services, Inc.
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors