Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Avionics Systems Cyber Security Engineer will develop cybersecurity requirements for spacecraft systems and work with the spacecraft module vendors to establish cybersecurity plans and verify compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop cybersecurity requirements for spacecraft systems
- Work with the spacecraft module vendors to establish cybersecurity plans and verify compliance
- Perform cybersecurity impact assessments
- Ensure users and systems comply with scanning of spacecraft systems per government-, NASA-, and JSC-specific requirements
- Ensure findings in the security assessment report are addressed and closed through remediation or risk assessment
- Conduct network security audits
- Support cybersecurity incident investigation and resolution
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Coordinate with external organizations to perform cybersecurity remediation
- Successfully operate in a highly dynamic simulations engineering environment with a team of engineers working to rapidly develop spacecraft avionics systems
- Strong customer focus, highly effective communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with demanding customers on a compressed schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- This position reports to the Project or Program Manager
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and 7 years experience
- Advanced degrees may be counted as experience
- Eligible for US Govt Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with avionics systems
- Experience with cybersecurity impact assessment and remediation
- Familiarity with cybersecurity controls and requirements such as:- NIST SP 800-53 ‘Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems’
- NASA NPR2810.1A ‘Security of Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
AdTech COVID Vaccine Requirement:
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. Oceaneering joins the federal government in its effort to decrease the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, decrease worker absence, reduce labor costs, and improve the efficiency of work performed for the federal government.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective January 18, 2022, all new Oceaneering employees supporting federal government contracts must be fully vaccinated before their start date, except in the limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a medical or religious accommodation. Unless entitled to an accommodation, applicants selected for hire must provide a copy of their COVID vaccination card.
- Address Clear Lake, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10