At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Aviation Product Cybersecurity Specialists to join our teams in Seattle and Everett, WA. The successful candidate will work with analysts to develop airplane level security assessments. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of cyber security concepts and techniques including network architecture, embedded systems security and PKI infrastructure.
- Work on Advanced Security Features development of new concepts and technology that apply to commercial aviation products (including machine learning, deep learning & artificial intelligence).
- Assess risks, threats and vulnerabilities of the product assets and production systems in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, and regulatory compliance
- Develop security requirements and coordinate with different systems stakeholders.
- Perform requirements verification on system security products using inspection, analysis, demonstration, and test methods.
- Coordinate with security testers to validate coverage and impacts to analysis.
- Support airplane certification through coordination with FAA and Authorized Representatives.
- Provide technical data and develop documentation in accordance with requirements and system security processes and procedures for internal reference and external delivery.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or computer science
- At least 5 years of experience and coursework related to cyber security concepts and techniques
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience or coursework in network architecture, security analysis, testing and evaluation embedded systems security and PKI infrastructure
- UNIX/LINUX System Administration
- Certification in any of the following: CompTIA Security+, Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure or AWS)
Typical Education and Experience:
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 7 or more years’ or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Relocation benefits are available for eligible candidates.
This position is for 1st Shift
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors