About the job
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you’ll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
Security has become an increasingly meaningful attribute for modern automotive engineering. Automobiles are no longer mere mechanical devices but are controlled by dozens of digital computers coordinated by internal networks. With growing technology and connectivity features, the vehicle attack surface has become more sophisticated. This is even more evident in the Autonomous Vehicle and Electric Vehicle (AV/EV) spaces. Product security must be integrated into every part of the automotive engineering process and product. Ford’s AV/EV In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineers work with engineering teams to guide secure implementation of our products and features including sophisticated driver assistance, in-vehicle infotainment, autonomous driving, entry and starting, and cloud services.
The AV/EV In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineer will act as the technical lead crafting security into our AV/EV vehicles and platforms. Engineers will evaluate, critique, and drive secure designs from concept to implementation. In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineers identify new methods of securing our technologies from drafting specifications to executing testing. Engineers must to be able to understand and evaluate risk for in-vehicle systems. Recognizing and accommodating the limitations of embedded in-vehicle systems is critical. Engineers are expected to take ownership of assignments including developing in-depth understanding of the technologies under review, working to close security gaps and mitigate identified vulnerabilities, and report out to security management. Over time, Engineers will grow to become authorities acting to develop and mature security controls and features in the vehicle.
- Threat Model in-vehicle features and off-board communications/interactions for Autonomous and/or Electric (AV/EV) platforms and programs.
- Develop security requirements for AV/EV vehicle modules, networks and connected features.
- Craft and develop security verification plans and procedures for AV/EV features and vehicle components.
- Balance priority, schedule, interactions, and issue resolution for externally sourced Penetration Testing activities.
- Serve as single point of contact with Product Development, Mobility and Suppliers for in-vehicle AV/EV security related issues.
- Develop and maintain tools for internal security investigations and design https://www.l
- inkedin.com/redir/phishing-page?url=verification%2eSupport vehicle programs, design teams and functional area
s with security conce
- ts and solutions as required.Minimum Requirements Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Software, Secu
- rity Engineering or other scientific field of study2+ year
- s of experience with embedded or automotive systems1+ years OTJ Security exp
erience or security foc
- s as part of degree programPreferred Requirements Familiarity
- with cyber security concepts, standards and tools.Familiarity with autom
- otive network architecture, modules, and protocols.Familiarity with Cloud Computing and se
- curity including AWS, Azure, Pivotal or equivalent.Familiarity with embedded software developme
- nt, secure coding practices, processes and methods.Proven understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI), key manag
- ement, digital certificates and digital signatures.Solid und
- erstanding of identity and access managemen
- t (IAM).Strong communication and analytical skills.Ability to work independently, take ownership of project
- deliverables, go above and beyond the task at hand.Work well in a small t
- eam and willing to work on any aspect of a project.Ability to develop and m
intain technical documentation
s the need arises. What You Will Receive In Return As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities fo
professional and personal growth and recognition. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the fut
re of mobility, we would love to have you join us. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Vi
a sponsorship is not available for this position. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gend
r identity, disability status or protected veteran For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdfprotected veteran For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Address Dearborn, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors