About the job
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. The world’s largest companies and public sector organizations trust DXC to deploy services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experience. Learn more about how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues at DXC.com.
- The Tier I Information Security Analyst is responsible for executing day-to-day tasks in the Security Operations Center 24×7. These tasks include answering the Cyber Threat Analysis Center security support hotline, monitoring the Cyber Threat Analysis Center security support mailbox, creating tickets for client requests, monitoring and responding to Instant Messaging applications, and act as level 3 support for managed encryption services.
- As part of the Tier 1 resources, these individuals will perform 24x7x365 monitoring of correlated log events collected into a designated SIEM. Tier 1 provides real-time triage of alerts
- Report alerts and incidents using specific escalation notification procedures and will open tickets, as appropriate, for activities requiring escalation or support from other teams.
- If Tier 1 determines that an alert reaches some predefined threshold, a case is created and escalated to Tier 2. Tier 1 will try to gather and research all information possible prior to escalation.
- Tier 1 SOC monitoring functions:
- Triage: First person review, assess and act. May be direct or part of an automated action. Assessment and action can be based on informational content, automated response criteria, playbook guidance and/or consultation with other team resources.
- Threshold Monitoring: Actively monitor indicators that are approaching security, service and/or compliance Thresholds, also including recommendation on the ongoing establishment and adjustment of said thresholds.
- Playbooks/Threat Analysis: Execute analysis process as required. Assist in the general maintenance and improvement of the process and/or playbooks.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with operating systems
- Education or experience working with SIEM tools, ticketing systems, and cyber security analytics.
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Communication skills to interact with team members, management, and support personnel
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of security systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Remote – must physically work within the USA
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to government or federal regulations
- Fixed 12 hours shifts, 2-2-3 schedule
- Address Newark, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5