Manages the plant environmental, health and safety programs to ensure a safe and incident-free work environment. Serves on the Plant Senior Leadership Team establishing direction and policy for the entire operation, while acting as a Change Agent, requiring the ability to manage continuous improvement initiatives across all departments and all levels within the organization.
Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all aspects of plant environmental, health and safety ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Actively interact with employees to promote safe acts. Leads and influences the organization to drive world class level safety performance.
- Champions the Safety Committee process and encourage greater participation and provide support and direction in an effort to instill an employee driven safety structure.
- Promote plant safety by working closely with all departments to analyze current situations and recommend safety improvements. Develops, implements, and recommends programs and practices designed to reduce work-related injuries and illnesses including but not limited to ergonomic assessments and job hazard analysis.
- Analyze incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Oversee the incident investigation process to determine root cause and timely corrective action.
- Provide a floor presence for employees on safety matters, and drive safety process ownership to the floor level where appropriate.
- Facilitate the plantwide safety audit process for the facility
- Manage and monitor training programs to meet Occupational Safety and Health requirements.
- Assure all records are kept in accordance with State and Federal regulations including OSHA logs, Environmental permits, and training documents.
- Measures, audits, and evaluates effectiveness of safety programs.
- Works closely with Human Resources Manager in managing Worker’s Compensation.
- Schedules annual compliance training requirements, i.e., hearing test, fit testing, air and noise monitoring, respirator physicals, etc.
- Mentors Supervisors, Manager, and front-line employees on safety and environmental related opportunities.
- Oversees site security programs and systems
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines, such as, but not limited to: GMP’s, Allergen Program, Quality, HACCP, Sanitation, Safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences, or a related field.
- Bi-lingual with Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred.
- Understanding of basic principles of the SQF program and other food safety policies/procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, written, verbal and group or individual presentation skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Detail orientation with exceptional accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with the public and employees in a tactful and friendly manner
- Ability to utilize time management, work under a tight schedule and meet timing deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, react appropriately under constantly changing priorities with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
- Salary Offer $60,013/yr to $111,247/yr
- Address Bell, CA, USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5