Participates in technology, integrated & risk-based operational, compliance related and/or projects designed to enhance and protect organizational value and effectively collaborates with geographically diverse team.
Executes audit procedures in conformance with GIA’s quality standards, policies, and procedures to provide assurance and identify risks, issues, and/or best practices, with supervision .
Evaluates IT processes for compliance with internal policies and procedures, business goals/priorities, contractual requirements, and/or applicable laws and regulations
Summarizes audit testing results, performing root cause analysis of issues, drafting audit findings, and communicating to management, under supervision of an Audit Senior Associate or Audit Manager
Understands data analytics and is familiar with basic requirements for developing audit analytics over business process data
Conducts other audit plan activities, including, continuous business and risk monitoring, updates to audit entity risk assessments, audit issue tracking and validation of management actions, and escalation of issues to Audit Senior Associate or Audit Manager.
Uses audit tool (TeamMate) to document audit work contemporaneously with performance of procedures
Maintains internal audit competency through ongoing professional development including data literacy skills
Manages assigned audit activities from simultaneous audit projects for different Audit Managers or Audit Directors, escalating issues or roadblocks appropriately
Efficiently manages routine client status meetings, audit requests, and other administrative tasks.
Education & Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree, in Accounting, IT or related field
- One to three years of internal audit (or relevant public accounting) experience, with strong emphasis on the execution of testing in line with audit procedures, and quality work-paper documentation in conformance with internal audit (or relevant) methodology
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to fundamental internal audit, risk and compliance principles and concepts. Including, IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), COBIT, COSO Internal Control–Integrated Framework Principles.
Relevant Professional certification (CIA, CISA,CISSP,CISM) or desire to obtain, is a plus
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors