Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Our team is seeking someone to join us who also possesses a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills along with the ability to support and liaise with business data owners to protect their assets and applications!
You should be familiar with network and web-based scanning techniques, network and internet protocols, network devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, etc. This position will focus primarily on vulnerability management of our externally facing network. This role will also be involved in web application testing and penetration testing support.
This role will support implementation and operations best practices while taking ownership of tasks and project workstreams, you perform analysis and diagnosis of vulnerabilities related to configuration, setup, procedural and/or process challenges, and contribute to deliverables to secure our external environment.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination with stakeholders to ensure the assets and inventory is accurately reflected and work with teams to ensure assets are analyzed and secure.
- Provide vulnerability risk rating assessments based on a defined criterion for testing team
- Communication and leadership reporting on vulnerability exposure
- Working closely with asset owners who have identified vulnerabilities to ensure they are aware of the risk and have adequate remediation plans and timelines
- Validation and implementation of mitigation controls until remediation activities are complete
- Validation of secure posture before assets are moved into DMZ
- Ensure continuous monitoring on externally facing hosts
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management technologies including vulnerability assessment, risk rating, threat correlation & remediation
- Understanding of operating systems such as windows and linux
- Understanding of web application testing
- Experience with networking concepts, understanding of commonly used ports & protocols
- Understanding of networking devices such as firewalls, routers, switches
- Service Now and Jira user experience a plus
- Cloud architecture, scanning, configuration, and technologies a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, CS, IS, with a focus in security a plus
- Candidates must have relevant vulnerability management experience.
- Ability to validate proper mitigation controls are in place until remediation activities are complete.
- Act as the point of contact for status updates regarding vulnerabilities across multiple platforms and multiple business groups
- Ability to assess and articulate actual business risk.
- Development, maintenance, and continual improvement of the vulnerability management program and processes.
- Provide proof-of-concept exploits in a lab environment to demonstrate exploitability and provide validation of proposed / implemented remediation actions
- Understanding of threat actors with the ability to articulate how they operate and demonstrate how they subvert common security controls
- Knowledge of application exploits and vulnerabilities. Knowledge of ports and services typical in configuration of web servers, file servers, and workstations
- Understanding of the OWASP Top 10. Familiarity with vulnerabilities in 3rd party libraries and remediation
- Ability to work with IT peers and business stakeholders to ensure remediation efforts adhere to corporate standards and policies. Ability to collaborate extensively with engineering teams to help them understand their vulnerabilities and assist them to develop remediation and mitigation strategies.
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and documentation skills
- Follow-up and attention to detail.
- Good deductive reasoning skills, creative thinker.
- Analytical and detail-oriented individuals must have a passion for information security , creativity to identify gaps and initiative to find the appropriate solutions to fill needs
The CSOC Vulnerability Management Team (VMT) is responsible for Vulnerability and Compliance scanning, reporting and oversight.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
- Address Newark, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors