Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align Technology, Inc. is seeking an Associate Application Security Engineer in our Raleigh, NC location. The Associate Application Security Engineer will be supporting and maintaining software security in an agile environment: your mission is to ensure best-in-class application security and data protection for Align and its customers while enabling fast-paced innovation on desktop, cloud and mobile solutions. As an Associate Application Security Engineer, you will be implementing improvements in application security processes and tools for the entire Align source code base and ensuring adoption through training and team collaboration. Your innovation will be needed to build the global security maturity by working with development teams to produce more secure software out of the gate.
In this role, you will…
- Enhance your knowledge of core application security concepts
- On-board development teams to static application security testing tools, SCA, and Bug Bounty programs, including reviewing and removal of false positives, working with application team Security Champions, and improving internal tools and processes
- Develop stronger relationships of trust with the application teams and build stronger team global unity
- Cross-train with security partners, such as GRC and Operations teams
- Formulate testing and training procedures for developers
- Provide security training for developers and improve quality of training materials
In this role, you’ll need …
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of software development experience and the ability to work directly with source code
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and enhance your knowledge application security and security concepts
- Candidate should have experience making and defending sound technical arguments that incorporate relevant technical and business considerations and building consensus among relevant stakeholders
- Basic understanding of software engineer concepts (OOP, SDLC, and unit-testing)
Nice to have
- Knowledge/hands-on experience with static analysis testing
- Willingness and ability to earn a certification from one of the following organizations: SANS – GIAC, ISC2 – CSSLP or CISSP, EC Council – CEH, CASE (having one of these even better)
- Mobile Application Security on iOS and/or Android devices; includes experience in secure development of applications and/or analysis
- Knowledge/hands-on experiences of AWS or other cloud hosting fundamentals and security
- Travel: Willingness to travel up to 10%, including international, to visit offices in Russia, Israel, Mexico, and California.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the “Apply” link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Req ID : 29803
- Address Morrisville, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5