We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people’s lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel great…feet first! We seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit. People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a multibillion-dollar company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.
People who believe remarkable things are possible and will not stop striving for them.
We are seeking someone to join our legal team in St. Louis, MO as an Assistant General Counsel. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the overall process and contract workflow for commercial contracts.
As an Assistant General Counsel, you will:
- Review, negotiate, and close commercial agreements, including software subscription agreements, SaaS, data processing agreements, data security agreements, agency and consulting agreements, NDAs, and other vendor agreements
- Manage the overall process and contract workflow for effective management of commercial contracts
- Help build and maintain contracting playbooks, templates, wikis, and other tools that help streamline our commercial processes and create leverage for the legal and business teams
- Provide interpretation of contractual terms and guidance on legal and business risks as well as providing creative solutions to potential issues
- Collaborate with internal partners across the business
- Advise business partners on a range of commercial legal issues and risks
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
- 30% shoe discount
- Industry competitive compensation
- Paid time off and holidays
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) and retirement benefits
We seek people with these qualifications:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required and licensed in MO
- Active membership in Missouri Bar required
- 5+ years of experience in commercial contracting in a law or corporate legal department
- Possess a practical approach to problem-solving and be able to counsel internal clients with clear, concise, and creative advice on timelines to meet business needs
- Operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal and Compliance team and with internal clients
- Experience at a leading law firm or in-house, within a consumer-facing industry preferred
We care deeply about our associates and are committed to ensuring a safe & healthy work environment. Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Caleres, Inc. Of course, we do make exceptions for qualified approved medical or religious reasons.
Caleres is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice. We believe our company should be as diverse as the consumers we serve. We seek and engage talented individuals from all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, lifestyles, and belief systems.
Job ID : 26017