About the job
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls (CTC) group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency agenda. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; We aim to balance these sound controls with efficiency, through smart process and automation. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
The prime responsibilities of the Application Security (AppSec) Information Security Manager (ISM) role is to identify, quantify and proactively address security issues and changes in the code base of Corporate Technology. The AppSec ISM will focus on improving the end-to-end risk posture for Corporate Technology, and ensure appropriate controls are implemented across the technology landscape to operate within risk appetite. The candidate will be expected to influence effective risk and vulnerability management practices, provide governance and support to technology teams. This includes a threat driven approach to enable secure from the start adoption of emerging technology and application development. The AppSec ISM will be expected to drive effective risk & controls management and support the business through identification of vulnerabilities and control weaknesses and recommendations for improved security, and articulate the business impact and associated risk. The AppSec ISM will educate the business on proactive measures to remediate Vulnerabilities and deficiencies in code, giving guidance to application development teams as required.
- Build and cultivate a culture focused on partnership, collaboration and transparency with the business and technology teams to deliver customer value and improve security posture of the firm.
- Ensure technology risk impacting the business is effectively identified, quantified, communicated and managed, including recommendations for resolution and identifying the root cause/key themes.
- Embed threat modelling, solutions architecture, secure code review into product and application teams so they are secure from the start and compliant with risk policies and regulatory obligations.
- Serve as a point of escalation and subject matter expert for IT Risk and Cyber domains, including vulnerability management, data protection, cloud and application security.
- Interface with Lead ISMs, Technology Leadership and Application Development teams on an on-going basis for business as usual risk activities, reporting and project initiatives.
- Embrace the firm’s Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (CTC) control framework, Standards and Control Policies and ensure business adheres to those controls.
- Continuously educate the application development community on CTC AppSec Products and Controls.
- Evangelist of leading application scanning toolsets (Static scans, Open Source Software scans, Pen Tests, Dynamic Scans, Secure Design Reviews etc.)
- Communicate and consult to Tower ISMs, Chief Technology Officers (CTOs), Chief Development Officers and their staff to efficiently identify application remediation actions, where necessary.
- Analyze, communicate and track new and emerging vulnerabilities near real time, and proactively disseminate required knowledge to stake holders
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with in house technology teams; be recognized as an AppSec SME thought leader.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience spanning risk and controls, and/or development domains.
- Applicable working experience designing and implementing cloud services (e.g., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.) offered from public cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google etc.)
- Preferable Certification in Public Cloud Technology from one of the major Cloud Service Providers (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Azure Architect, Google Cloud Architect)
- Preferable experience in multiple modern development practices (e.g. microservices, containers, orchestration, continuous integration & delivery pipelines, API first, service delivery & integration)
- Preferable experience of Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) (e.g. code review, risk assessments, threat modeling, static code analysis, and dynamic application scanning)
- Preferable experience in enterprise Identify and Access Management solutions, (e.g. Federated Identity, Privileged Access management, Active Directory, Role Based Access Control)
- Preferable experience working in regulated industries, in particular leveraging technology standards, frameworks, compliance, and industry recognized best practice / standards (e.g. NIST, ISO, PCI, SOC)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and present security risk concepts with business and technology partners.
- Strong personal leadership, collaboration, bias for action and experience working within fast paced, complex and high performing Digital/Agile/Scaled Agile teams
- Strong analytical skills including solving and communicating complex problems, data analytics, measurement and reporting needed to drive continuous improvement.
- Preferable experience working in a matrix management model across globally diverse, virtual teams to deliver strategic initiatives and commitments, ideally leveraging product and Agile principles.
- Ability to quickly appreciate technology policies, standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated track record of continuous learning, growing own skills and knowledge.
- Understanding of the external threat landscape, threat actors, adversary tactics & techniques, and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Address Columbus, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors