About the job
Application Security Architect
Location: This role has the flexibility to accommodate hybrid, fully remote, or in-office work to qualified candidates in the USA.
- Define security best practices and standards.
- Perform security architecture and design reviews of applications.
- Work independently with developers to ensure secure design, development, implementation, and verification of applications.
- Provide remediation guidance and recommendations to developers and administrators.
- Lead Secure Software Development Lifecycle best practices and standards.
- Participate in and advance threat modeling practices.
- Help stakeholders make risk-based decisions.
- Train developers and create educational presentations.
- Develop tools and automation supporting responsibilities.
Qualifications – Required
- Strong interest in software security and development.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities using various technologies.
- Capability to research a new topic and to learn quickly.
- Experience breaking down complex systems and applications to identify threats.
- Excellent ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, complicated technical issues and the risks they pose to developers, network engineers, system administrators, and management.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and auditing code and the ability to learn new languages/technologies.
- Proficiency in cloud technologies.
- Experience threat modeling software systems.
- 4-7 years of development or security or architecture experience.
- Requires sitting or standing at will while performing work on a computer (or any other physical requirements). The role requires communication with managers, peers and other colleagues of the company in person, and by utilizing Microsoft Teams chat, calling and meeting functions.
- This role requires does not require travelling.
- Certification in CISSP or CCSP would be good
- Knowledge of OWASP Top10 or SANS Top 25.
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0/OpenID Connect.
- Knowledge of Azure.
- Knowledge of containerization solutions, such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Istio.
- Ability to make risk-based, unbiased, judgments that include both technical and business impacts.
This role is subject to multiple background checks: conduct search, criminal check, global sanctions & enforcement, and global employment checks. An offer for this role is contingent upon successful verification of these checks, which will be performed by an external vendor, HireRight, during the written offer process.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geoprofessional software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,500 colleagues and generates annual revenues of approximately $1 billion in 186 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected characteristic. This commitment extends to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, and training. EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement documents provide additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law.
Bentley Policy on EEO, Affirmative Action and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participate in e-Verify / Right to Work Notice
Request an Accommodation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Bentley is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at email@example.com
- Address Ohio, USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10