HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
We are adding an Application Security Architect to our team in Chicago, Illinois or Muscatine, Iowa!
In this role, you will be part of the Enterprise Architecture team and work cross-functionally to ensure security is built into every application we build and operate. You will lead the definition of application security standards and work with IT stakeholders to operationalize the standards. You will perform product security assessments including secure code review, pen testing and general security consulting to proactively build security controls. This role will require you to assist and enable development teams to follow secure development practices, while also empowering them to own security within their product area.
What you’ll do:
- Champion application security by partnering with application development and security operations teams to drive a security-first mindset for all applications, APIs, and cloud implementation.
Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards) and validation
- Consult with development and operations teams to provide guidance and recommend secure design patterns and secure Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Perform security assessments on new and existing applications and cloud-based services to identify security risks and establish baseline security requirements
- Establish and drive security standards across the HNI landscape to improve cybersecurity and resiliency of software architecture
- Act as SME for application security initiatives among developers and architects
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure coding practices for web applications and API
- Present security risks to HNI IT leadership and influence cybersecurity strategy and direction
- Coordinate and lead analysis exercises in conjunction with other IT leaders; and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related field
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- 7+ years of application security, security engineering or information security experience
- 5+ years of preferred experience in software development, ideally automating tools and processes
- Experience performing security design reviews for complex applications, including distributed systems, APIs, and services deployed to cloud and on-premises environments
- Experience with the OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25 programming errors and other common vulnerabilities and exploit techniques
- Experience defining and implementing security controls and measures across multiple disciplines, including web application, network, and operating systems security
- Deep understanding of common application and network protocols, cryptographic technologies, and authentication and authorization protocols
- Experience supporting cloud operational models, including SaaS security architecture, microservices, containerization
What you’re good at:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a leadership-level
- Strong consultative skills at a cross-functional level
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for industry-standard certifications like PCI DSS, SOC2, HIPAA
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: https://www.hnicorp.com/social-responsibility
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI – they are operational imperatives. We value each other’s differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: https://www.hnicorp.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit www.HNIbenefits.com.
We also invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com to learn more!
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 563-272-7400 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20