- Department: Security
- Schedule: Full Time Monday – Friday 8am-5pm CT
- Location: Remote
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
The Application Security Analyst will be responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization’s information systems and data by identifying and assessing security risks and implementing security controls. They will also be responsible for monitoring application risk and providing guidance on secure software development practices.
- Ensure a HIPAA compliant implementation of features in web applications, APIs, and mobile development.
- Manage and track applications on behalf of security through the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate on existing policies and guidelines and assist on the creation of new documentation relative to secure software development and HIPAA compliance.
- Identify and assess security risks associated with applications and systems
- Recommend security controls to mitigate identified risks
- Provide guidance and training on secure software development practices
- Stay current with the latest security trends and threats
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the security of applications and systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned by leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in application security or related field
- Experience in health care and an understanding of HIPAA regulation.
- Strong knowledge of security principles, standards, and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate’s degree/Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Req ID : 234733