About the job
Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. We’ve got the best people in the business, and our experience shows in our dedication to our residents and in how much we value each other as colleagues. That’s why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place where they can Live Remarkably, and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to make their mark.
The Application Developer’s primary responsibilities center around leveraging their knowledge of programming paradigms to see to the successful design, security, implementation, testing, support and deployment of applications for various Equity Residential business needs. This role may meet with internal and external customers to determine their business needs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Analytical and Creative. You like thinking outside the box to come up with smart solutions to new challenges, and you embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- Decisive. You have a sense of urgency and the ability to manage a diverse group of people.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously while confidently interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Participates in gathering requirements and needs analysis and develops technical specifications for modifications and enhancements to new and existing applications/modules.
- Produces prototypes of potential systems to present to users, discusses capabilities and concerns, and analyzes potential design problems.
- Follows and supports internal coding, security and deployment standards.
- Designs, documents, develops, and enhances software applications to meet defined business requirements.
- Designs, documents, develops, and enhances reports to meet defined business requirements.
- Designs, creates, maintains, supports and enhances data interfaces between systems for both internal needs and external business partners.
- Identifies, executes, and documents test plans.
- Regularly participates in training programs supplied by the company.
- Provides second level support for applications as needed.
- Determine root cause analysis and work towards permanent issue resolution.
- Creates data extract queries as needed for analysis.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience withprogramming languages and development environments used for the particular business need.
- 1+ years prior experience in a similar role/field is required. Basic business understanding/terminology is required.
- Must be familiar with software development lifecycle and standards.
- Position requires managing multiple work streams and projects and problem solving skills.
- Individuals must be able to communicate effectively to end users and management on a non-technical level while dealing with other IT professionals on a technical level.
- Salary Offer $73,930/yr to $126,182/yr
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5