Apr 28, 2022
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
Company: Herc Rentals
Req #: 41803
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm – providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers’ projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,100 employees and approximately 295 company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The Application Developer II plays a key role on the Digital Platforms and Innovation team. You will help design quality technical solutions to drive Herc Rentals digital strategy. The ideal candidate strong technical skills along with the demonstrated ability to not only get things done as an individual, but to help lead projects in a customer-driven, fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Conceptualize and develop new software programs and applications as part of a larger team
- Design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications including research, documenting and modifying throughout the production lifecycle
- Be a key contributor to requirements sessions related to key projects and activities
- Create and modify complex application programs based on requirement specifications.
- Identify opportunities for improving applications (performance, user experience etc.)
- Identify cost savings opportunities related to infrastructure and 3rd party integrations
- Works hand in hand with cross functional teams such as AWS Cloud, Infra, Network etc.
Responsible for day-to-day management of the Accou
- Modify or write new software to support cost effective digital IT solutions.
- Implementing software solutions that ensure security, integrity, scalability, and consistency
- Performs all aspects of applications programming and development
- Manages & Supports 3rd party devices, firmware & API integrations
- Assists with vulnerability remediation across Platforms
- Follows Change Management Processes per company standards
- Troubleshoot P1 application issues with a resolution first approach to minimize business & customer impact
- Enhance application security based on findings & recommendations from IT security
- Delivers projects within budget and deadlines.
- Ensures the project deliverables meet requirements and do not require re-work.
- Prioritizes and escalates project issues and concerns appropriately.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to solve complex business problems using technology
- Ability to translate business processes and technical language for a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive personality
- Programing/scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is preferred
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
- Address Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5