About the job
Application Architect – HR Systems – Remote
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX, and more .
What You’ll Do
As an Application Architect – HR Systems, you’ll be part of our IT team located remotely .
You’ll Get To
- Translates business domain understanding and context to technical capabilities for technical architects and development teams.
- Accountable for collaborating with business relationship managers and business stakeholders to understand business requirements, identifying solution gaps, and available capabilities, and defining solutions to meet the business need.
- Research the market and approve Make vs Buy options to meet business requirements
- Document high-level design of solutions
- Support the determination of effort and skills required to implement solutions
- Ensure work scope is maintained and solutions are implemented, managing approved Changes
- Conducts application scan and risk review to validate privacy, security, and risk policies are met
- Responsible for examining the architecture of the current system and working with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems
- Give direction on how to leverage technology to solve a business problem
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to shape EA guardrails, standards, and patterns
- Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture principles, guardrails, standards, patterns, and frameworks.
- Contribute to portfolio improvements, information security assessments, and roadmap
- Guides outside partners to ensure SBD requirements are met
Who You Are
You Also Have
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good. You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it.
- Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience, or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience
- Preferred experience required in Project and SDLC methodologies
- HR systems experience is critical
- Workday and Salesforce experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies (Waterfall and Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development)
- ITFS Project Methodology knowledge
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems
- Integration Technologies including Middleware
- HCM/Benefits/Payroll software solutions experience
- Infrastructure technologies, including cloud computing / SaaS / IaaS / PaaS technologies
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Web/Mobile Technologies
- Expertise in application technologies/platforms/capabilities with a broader understanding of the overall environment
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How you’ll feel:
Being Part Of Our Team Means You’ll Get To
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay.
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera ®, and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back, and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
Corporate – Tech
No. of Positions
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers
Technology & Data
FLSA (For US Only)
- Salary Offer $88,100/yr - $120,400/yr
- Address New Britain, CT, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20