About the job
Our Information Services team is searching for an Analytics Project Manager based in Schaumburg, IL. This position will have significant responsibility for directing, organizing, and controlling data and analytics projects under the guidance of Central Information Systems leaders. The project manager will run, administer, and organize project activities in cooperation with cross functional team members, aiming for the flawless execution of projects related to data and analytics initiatives and systems. This is a hands-on position where they will assist D&A leadership with resource and budget planning based on the business needs. They will work closely with key stakeholders and maintain high quality standards while operating in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
Measures Of Success
- Deliver projects (in terms of complexity, risk and/or business criticality) through effective management of budget, schedule, scope, quality, and value. Accountable for project communications, project charter, milestone tracking, resource planning, financials, risk assessment and contingency planning and escalation and resolution of critical issues to project sponsors/owners/leaders.
- Develop the overall project plan, approach, objectives, and key deliverables; identify/track key measures of success. Develop a comprehensive project plan incorporating deliverable, resource plans, milestones, accountabilities, and communication plan and timelines. Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
- Provide regular status reporting on plan progress and take over weekly analytics update meeting and ensure appropriate testing and quality reviews are conducted and receive sign-off.
- Provide support with budget and resource planning for corporate data and analytics team.
- Provide effective leadership to project resources in a manner that ensures timely delivery on commitments/tasks in support of broader project deliverables (through informal performance feedback, coaching and skill development, etc.).
- Work to identify cross-organizational interdependencies and ensure appropriate integration to project plan. Effectively manage client expectations and resource requirements to ensure ownership and success.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- BS/BA in finance/accounting or related field; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience project management, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and the MS Office Suite of products
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in team based environments
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks & have strong project coordinator skills
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada – all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
- Salary Offer $80,000/yr to $120,000/yr
- Address Schaumburg, IL, USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5