As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Position Title: Advisor – Internal Audit – Financial Focus
Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is an independent and objective audit and consulting function within Elanco. Its mission is to assist the company in achieving its objectives by implementing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control and governance processes.
The Advisor plays a senior role within 2-5 person audit teams on domestic and global audits designed to test compliance with good internal control practices, external regulations, and corporate policies and procedures, in alignment with Institute of Internal Audit standards. Responsibilities include identifying and assessing risks, scoping engagements, testing policy compliance, automating test procedures, influencing action plans, partnering with affiliate management and audit team members to complete and improve audit processes, sharing of best practices and key learning across the organization. The Advisor will contribute to the development of custom audit procedures, and will have an ownership role over substantial audit process(es) and/or project(s) (e.g. risk assessment, Sarbanes-Oxley, technology implementation).
Audits may be integrated or targeted in nature, and may cover financial controls, privacy, information technology controls, anti-bribery/anti-corruption controls, promotional practices, information security, and governance. The emphasis of this position is on financial controls, anti-bribery/anti-corruption controls, and governance. The auditor may assist legal in conducting investigations and assessments.
In addition to affiliate, vendor, and process audits, the auditor will participate in Sarbanes-Oxley audits.
- Audit Execution: Partner with Elanco personnel for the purpose of identifying key risks and auditing related controls.
- Audit Leadership: Provide mentorship and guidance to other audit team members.
- Process Ownership: Own accountability for improvement of internal audit processes, using input from key stakeholders, internal policies and procedures, and external guidance. Bring external perspective to influence audit processes using past experiences and research of external risks and regulations.
- Process Stewardship: Implement and automate resilient internal audit processes using technology (e.g. analytics and automation). Identify trends to surface systemic risks and insights to key business partners.
- Communication: Acts as a key contact with senior leadership within the business. Understand critical or unmet needs by actively engaging in dialogue with auditees, affiliate management, audit team members, and business partners about risks and how Corporate Audit Services evaluates risk.
- Maximize People: Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and continual learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field/equivalent work experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- 6+ years of audit experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and sensitivity, and ability to work with diverse teams.
- Working towards or have obtained a relevant certification (e.g. CIA, CFE, CIPP)
- Experience with programming or high level scripting
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interest and ability to cross-train on other audit streams including promotional activities, information security, and privacy
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Interest to learn technologies for use in data analytics and automation
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
This position is located at Elanco Global Headquarters, Greenfield, IN.
Domestic and international travel of 20 – 30% (including weekend travel).
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Job ID : R0010869
- Address Greenfield, IN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10