What you’ll do…
Advanced Systems Engineer, Cybersecurity – Application Security Eng, Bentonville, AR
Walmart continues to grow an elite Information Security team and is looking for a talented and experienced Application Security Engineer to join our Application Security practice! Walmart Technology is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization, AI and Robotics and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale and if you want to be a part of the Information Security team that develops innovative solutions that balance security and business priorities, this is the job for you! As an Application Security Engineer, you will have had a few years of Application Security exposure, with some programming language experience. You will also be doing everything from code reviews to application threat modeling. This is the perfect opportunity for someone wants to take their Application Security skills to the next level.
Manager’s Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience within the Cyber Security space- ideally Application Security where you were responsible for Applications and/or Pen Testing
- Proven experience providing secure design guidance for diverse application portfolios
- Proven experience integrating application security into SDLC and CI/CD processes including automated workflows
- Program and write scripts
- Writing basic scripts to automate simple tasks
- Daily programming and writing scripts for the automation of recurring tasks
- Developing proof of concept code
- Understand various programming languages
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate and translate security and risk management terminology in business terms
- Provide remediation guidance and oversight to discovered vulnerabilities
Manager’s Preferred Qualifications
- CSSLP, CISSP or other relevant industry certifications
- Extensive experience with applications and services in Microsoft Azure
- DevOps experience in public and private clouds
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid analysis paralysis)
- Familiarity with static source code analysis tools and application auditing for security vulnerabilities
- Significant contributions to the security community
The Information Security team has the herculean task of assuring that customers can safely shop with peace of mind knowing their data and information will be safe and secure. Solving some of the most unique cyber security problems in the industry, our team members share an elevated level of creativity and ingenuity to secure data for the largest retail operation in the world.
- Collaborate closely with product and software development teams to securely design applications and services
- Create threat models for enterprise applications to identify attack surfaces and threats
- Develop and promote repeatable secure development practices
- Develop secure application frameworks and libraries for enterprise consumption
- Guide product and software development teams with integrating security controls in the software development lifecycle
- Perform product security design – determine security requirements, create security procedures, policies, and training content
- Continuously evaluate application security practices and implement improvements that foster speed and agility
- Build data analytics and metrics to track the effectiveness of the App Sec program
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 2 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR 4 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Windows/Linux certification, and/or Security+ certification, Designing, leading, and implementing technology projects., Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes, One of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Troubleshooting security infrastructure problems
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
- Address Bentonville, AR, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors