Full Job Description
The IP Security Researcher position is responsible for certifying 3rd party (commercial) hardware Intellectual Property (IP) meets Intel security risk assessment requirements as part of the Security Design Lifecycle. The candidate will be the primary technical point of contact between Intel Business Unit (BU)/product security engineers, Product Assurance and Security, Research and Development Strategic Enabling negotiation and compliance teams, and 3rd party IP suppliers.
This position is part of the Research and Development Strategic Enabling (RDSE) organization. RDSE’s mission is to provide competitive external solutions in product design domains of EDA, Silicon IP, Product Labs, Engineering R and D, and BU strategic collaborations to accelerate Intel’s product leadership. RDSE delivers cost-effective economies of scale to R and D teams, enabling capability for the product roadmap and driving the company’s growth.
As the 3rd Party Silicon IP Security Researcher, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Reviewing and certifying IP security risk assessments (SRAs) from IP suppliers by identifying completeness of IP threat modeling, risk assessment, risk mitigations, and performing manual security reviews of RTL code.
- Extending the current IP security risk program to include IP Security architecture review, Security design review, and driving security assurance practices and security validation methodology with IP suppliers.
- Manage unified messaging between suppliers and Intel stakeholders, including strategic direction alignment.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with senior leaders, their key thought leaders, and 3rd party suppliers.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Influence and conflict resolution across stakeholders and suppliers for win/win outcomes.
- Relationship Building Skills.
- Situational Leadership: Adapt and swiftly respond to changes in the business environment.
- Assertive: Work independently. Develop a point of view and advocate across Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must possess at least one of the 2 following degrees plus the years of experience determined for each degree in the areas specified below.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field of study.
- 7+ years of relevant experience (For Bachelor’s) or 5+ Years (for Master’s) in:
- Security Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Security risk assessments for security weakness including a range of attacks (physical, side-channel, etc.), security threat models, and risk mitigation.
- Computer architecture such as CPU, I/O, mem/cache, SoC, chipsets, firmware.
- RTL languages such as SystemVerilog, Verilog, VHDL, SystemC; state-of-the-art security principles, theories, and attacks; architectural specifications including schematics and industry standards; and product lifecycle (PLC).
- This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Expertise in Product Security compliance and technical knowledge of design threat models.
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art – from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- Address Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors