About the job
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M is making incredible impact in communities around the globe. As the leader of 3M’s global community engagement, I am incredibly proud to say that you will be working alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers who are extremely committed to making positive and equitable change.” – Michael Stroik, vice president of community relations
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
Here, You Will Make An Impact By
As a Security Architect, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. The person hired for the position of 3M Health Care Security Architect will support the creation and deployment of solutions to secure 3M Health Care cloud-based and on-prem systems.
- Collaborate on the creation and validation of secure architectures with 3M Health Care Business, R&D, and IT teams.
- Create enterprise cloud security design patterns for use in the development of complex systems using reusable ‘templates’ or microservices to reduce duplicate effort.
- Responsible for guiding projects and developers to ensure alignment to 3M cloud security design patterns.
- Architect secure integrations between 3M Health Care platforms and third-party hardware and software.
- Partner with external vendors and internal stakeholders to assess solutions for security standards compliance
- Analyze and design controls to secure cloud and on-prem environments
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
Your Skills And Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) and fourteen (14) years of experience in IT Security
- Seven (7) years of experience in a private, public, government or military environment with Information Technology System and Application Design and Planning
- Four (4) years of information security experience
- Two (2) years of experience securing and deploying cloud services
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience with Cloud and hybrid Cloud/On-prem security models (ideally AWS)
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC, or other information security certifications
- Ability to code/script in one or more languages.
- Combined Experience with DevOps and/or DevSecOps
- Experience in reviewing healthcare-related information system technical controls for adherence, HIPAA-HITECH, HITRUST, and ISO 27002 security requirements
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic/international travel
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
- Salary Offer $75K/yr - $144K/yr
- Address Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20