This individual will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining AdvoCare Information Security systems as coordinated by the Director of Information Security.
- Keep up to date on current and emerging security technologies as they relate to AdvoCare business requirements.
- Identify new threats, evaluate, and implement new security controls to continuously improve the organization’s security posture.
- Conduct audits to monitor and evaluate system conformance with organizational security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Serve as initial troubleshooting and point of contact for incoming helpdesk tickets directed to the security queue.
- Administer, proactively monitor, and tune existing security systems.
- Configure alerts, perform investigations, and correlate events using SIEM.
- Perform regular security and compliance scans of all IT systems for vulnerabilities.
- Evangelize and influence end users on the importance of security practices through education and training platforms.
- Ability to monitor incoming Splunk log data for potential threat activity and make determinations based on said data. Splunk experience on some level is mandatory.,
- Experience with antivirus/antimalware software, endpoint security, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering solutions. Palo Alto firewall experience on some level is mandatory.
- Intermediate level of understanding of networking technologies and how they operate.
- Ability to provide support to employees by completing security helpdesk tickets as assigned.
- Experience with blue team operations
- Experience supporting a WAF protecting an e-commerce website.
- Strong ability to analyze large amounts of data for security incidents and make situational analysis.
- Ability to communicate security issues and policies to peers and management.
- Passionate about security. Participation in industry groups/conferences is a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Great team player and good work ethic.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Address Richardson, Texas
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5