ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of open, disaggregated networking and communications equipment that enable voice, data, video, and internet communications service providers around the world to design, build and extend network infrastructures. From the cloud edge to the subscriber edge, we empower communications service providers to securely manage and scale services that connect people, places, and things. Our solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations and millions of individual users worldwide.
As a Cybersecurity Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in Information Technology while participating in real-time projects and working alongside the world’s brightest engineers and professional staff. ADTRAN looks for students who strive for academic excellence, exhibit a true passion for their work and interests, and who can work well within a collaborative team to achieve department and company goals with a great attitude and work ethic.
As an intern, you will have exposure to all aspects of IT to include Cybersecurity, Networking, Cloud Services, Web Development, and Client Computing Support. At the end of the term, you will have the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership. In addition, you will be expected to:
- Work alongside ADTRAN IT personnel to learn how to:
- Maintain operational configurations of existing in-place security solutions.
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs and reports of in-place infrastructure devices, security tools, workstations, servers, other network devices.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, and security audits.
- Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Think outside the box and help develop innovative approaches to enhance cybersecurity related data analytics based on what you have learned working alongside ADTRAN IT. (You will present your results on this task to the Executive Leadership team)
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate degree and be at least a sophomore.
- Majoring in Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or related field.
- Be available to work one day per week from January – May 2022.
- It takes people to connect with people. At, ADTRAN we hire the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for meeting customer expectations the first time, every time. Employment is based not only on professional qualifications but also on the character and personal attributes we deem essential for the continued growth and success of the company. ADTRAN adheres to the highest ethical standards. This bar is set by our leadership and strengthened by our employees. Our employees are truly our most valued resource and are the reason for the company’s continued success.
For more than three decades, ADTRAN has been a leader in the telecommunications industry. We are enabling communities and connecting lives as we equip service providers around the globe to deliver Gigabit broadband. These services are transforming the way people live, work and play. As an innovator, the company is also focused on the future. We are defining the future network with cloud-based software solutions developed with an open, scalable and programmable approach.
We invite you to explore our current job opportunities and apply for those you deem fit your skills and qualifications.
ADTRAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Thank you for your interest in ADTRAN careers.
- Address Huntsville, Alabama
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5