At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Global Information Security group responsible for?
The Global Information Security team’s mission is to securely enable Franklin Templeton business transformation, enhance our global security and risk posture focusing on protecting our clients, employees, brand integrity, and digital assets.
What is the IT Security Analyst responsible for?
This is a hands-on role, which reports to the Director of Security Engineering for the Global Information Security division. It requires a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards, and has excellent practical knowledge of cloud, network, and application security. The analyst must be a versatile and experienced security professional who is able to work in a fast-paced environment which is continuously seeking to leverage cutting edge security solutions to support one of the largest investment firms in the world. Information security analysts are responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization. They must evaluate, test and document security solutions and controls, and work closely with other security team members to remediate risk while ensuring the business is able to innovate. Information security analysts must continually adapt to stay a step ahead of cyber attackers and stay up to date on the latest methods attackers use to infiltrate computer systems. Analysts in this role are expected to consistently learn and grow. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for security and rigor to protect the business.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of an IT Security Analyst?
- The IT Security Analyst will help design, manage and run various security technology processes and solutions including endpoint protection, vulnerability management, SIEM, SOAR, data loss prevention and EDR.
- Implement technical systems and monitor them for unusual and suspicious activity across a wide range of products.
- Maintain vendor management standards, questionnaires and documentation to adhere to regulatory compliance.
- Leverage automation, API’s, and scripting (in various languages) to help facilitate efficient incident response models and coordinate with the security operations team for remediation efforts.
- Conduct security assessments for threats and vulnerabilities and adjust configurations for acceptable security standards.
- Help to define, implement, assess, and maintain the adequate controls necessary to protect software, applications, networks, hardware, systems, and mobile devices in accordance with security requirements and standards.
- Identifying and defining system security requirements.
- Development and maintenance of run books, playbooks and platform/application standards.
- Maintain acceptable patching levels for security tools and applications and help drive security awareness across the enterprise.
- Assist with emergencies and security incidents after hours on an ‘on call’ schedule.
- Must stay current with industry trends and perform other tasks as assigned.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Strong scripting and/or object-oriented programming and automation development background (API, Java, Python, PowerShell, PERL)
- Exposure to varied operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Proven work experience as a System Security Analyst or Information Security Engineer
- Endpoint Security (endpoint detection response tools, anti-virus, data loss prevention)
- Experience with cloud security and infrastructure automation (AWS and Azure) and cloud access security brokers (CASB)
- Vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, application security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Insider threat detection and response
- Incident response processes and procedures
- Experience in writing run books, procedures, processes, policies.
- Understanding of cybersecurity “best practices” including principles, security protocols and standards such as OWASP and CIS Critical Security Controls
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Technical and industry certifications are a plus but not required (CISSP, AWS, C|EH, Azure certifications)
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- 3-5 years of related experience required
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at Franklin Templeton Careers to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.
Location : Rancho Cordova, California, United States of AmericaFt. Lauderdale, Florida, United States of AmericaBaltimore, Maryland, United States of AmericaSt. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America
Job ID : 845148
- Address Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5