JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis for a Product Cybersecurity Engineer.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
Automotive Product Cybersecurity is an exciting, growing field in the automotive industry in which we defend our vehicle, powertrain & transmission controls systems from unauthorized access, control, or data compromise. As commercial duty vehicles become more connected and autonomous, there is an increasing need for security. Allison is seeking a Product Cybersecurity Engineer to analyze, design, and implement product cybersecurity strategies across our portfolio of products.
- Analyze, design, and implement product cybersecurity strategies for Allison transmission powertrain & digital tools systems
- Understand new product technologies and maintain state-of-the-art expertise in product cybersecurity
- Represent Allison in the Auto-ISAC community and other professional industry groups
- Participate in cross-functional product cybersecurity teams
- Understand and execute our development process in compliance with applicable industry cybersecurity standards & regulations, such as ISO 21434 or R155/R156
- Evaluate control system design or processes against customer requests or government requirements for compliance & gaps
- Perform Penetration testing on products to identify vulnerabilities
- Perform TARA (Threat And Risk Assessments) and recommend mitigations to counteract the identified risks on products.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate colleagues, and drive for results; ability to interface with customers on technical activities.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and trust
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with incomplete requirements
- Demonstrate innovative and strategic thinking and initiative to take action in front of challenges
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Willingness to travel as required (< 10% of the time).
- Familiarity with vehicle CAN architectures and protocols.
- Experience or Interest in learning product cybersecurity technology & concepts
- MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Cybersecurity analysis, design, or test
- Experience with cryptography design & algorithms
- Experience with embedded controls programming languages. Examples include C and C++
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Job ID : R002970
- Address Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5