Senior Database Administrator (Corporate Information Systems Department) – Remote
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to be on a team that’s building the future?
The feeling is mutual.
Amica is seeking a Senior Database Administrator who will design, implement and maintain databases to ensure the availability and integrity of corporate data in all Database Management Systems (DBMS) on multiple platforms.
- Work with appropriate personnel, including CIS staff, users and vendors, to design, implement and maintain databases to support business requirements at an optimum level. This includes tuning databases for optimal performance.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call team rotation schedule.
- Utilize industry standard tools to monitor and control the performance, reliability and availability of the corporate database environments. This includes the identification, diagnosis and resolution of database systems anomalies.
- Develop, test and implement procedures to ensure the availability and recoverability of corporate databases.
- Assist in driving and supporting best practices both within and across teams and encourage all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Provide support for various activities including: database maintenance, performance tuning, backup and recovery, application releases, disaster recovery, database upgrades and patching
- Competent to work at the highest technical level in multiple capacities in the Database Administration Section.
- Interact with vendors to implement technical solutions and diagnose database systems malfunctions/disruptions.
- Interact with appropriate areas to identify and evaluate the impact of business and technology projects on corporate databases.
- React on incidents and provide solutions aiming at maintained environments’ improvements.
- Work under limited supervision and provide oversight and expertise to application developers in SQL Coding and tuning. Act as team leader on moderately complex projects.
- Collaborate on development of complex technical and security standards.
- Provide effective mentoring and guidance to other Database Administrators team members and IT development personnel and may assist in developing standards for database administration functions.
- A 4-year degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Proven knowledge and experience in managing, configuring and monitoring databases on more than one platform (MSSQL, DB2 windows, AWS RDS/DocumentDB)
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting performance issues using query plan analysis and query optimization
- Have an engineering mindset with proactive problem identification, remediation and automation of routine tasks
- Some experience in a scripting language preferred (PowerShell, python etc.)
- Knowledge of configuring database monitoring solutions and setting up alerts/alarms
- Familiarity with Linux environment is a plus
- Good understanding of traditional performance tuning approaches using EXPLAIN PLAN, Query Plan Management etc.
- Committed to continuous learning, including but not limited to training sessions or seminars with a focus on expanding knowledge beyond the current role.
- Ability to effectively break down, prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks independently.
- Ability to identify challenges and risks to the completion of work along with communication of those with possible original and innovative solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- Capable of completing non-routine work independently including conducting research and using appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization. Able to listen attentively and ask relevant questions with the intention of being able to accurately understand and restate the opinions of others.
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Address 25 Amica Way Lincoln, RI 02865, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10