ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Solutions and Technologies (S&T) group is looking for an outstanding Engineering leader who can leverage their expertise and product vision to help lead and grow our Cloud Contact Center team and product portfolio. As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for delivering customer value incrementally, leading a team of engineers of all disciplines and take ownership from inception through to field support, working with our Engineering, Platform and Product teams in executing toward that vision.
There is a strong preference for candidates in the Dallas TX area but we will consider remote applicants too.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with our executive and leadership team to solidify and advance our positioning as a Cloud first company and leader in the Contact Center space
- Design, deploy and maintain highly scalable systems, tools and processes that are necessary to deliver on a Contact Center SaaS application built on cloud technology stack
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Passionate about Continuous Integration and Delivery and driving teams to adopt this delivery model
- Experienced growing high performing engineering teams leading from the front, motivating & facilitating
- Strong communicator, voice of the team, communication up, across and down the org.
- Providing technical Leadership
- Ensuring consistency of direction in alignment to business needs taking all architectural, design and product/solution capability into account
- Ensuring quality deliverables from team, covering fundamentals like having all non-functional requirements addressed, clean code, defect management, performance, high availability and interop,
- Foster open, transparent, collaborative design, architecture – Partner with dependent teams and encourage partnership within your org to break silos and deliver quality across the entire stack & ecosystem
- Support growth and technical advancement of the org and the product – striving always for technical excellence
- Project Management
- Breaking a project or work down into smaller chunks, and assigning to the right developer
- Work with product owner to define the requirements / user stories, to ensure they are fully vetted
- Establish schedule / estimates / delivery timelines / etc
- Support and advance our development processes and drive efficiencies working across teams and functions and not simply within your own area of control.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in a Software Engineering leadership role; 10+ years’ experience as an engineering manager with in-depth knowledge of software engineering and development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong SaaS or Cloud company background
- Knowledge and experience with cloud native applications and architecture, microservices, CI/CD practices and tools; Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development.
- Proven track record of delivering releases on time with high quality.
- Experience in managing teams across multiple locations
- Experience of Application Security is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Passion for leading and motivating teams, setting vision and developing highly functioning organizations
- Hands-on experience in building large-scale products and systems
- Hands-on experience delivering cloud products and services
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with open source projects like Kafka, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Logstash, ElasticSearch, DataDog, Puppet, Ansible.
COMPENSATION – SECTION PERTAINS TO COLORADO APPLICANTS ONL
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $131900 + bonus + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
- Salary Offer $131900/yr
- Address Irving, TX, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20