HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where people live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on providing our members with promising career opportunities and an environment where we strive to make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
We are in search of aSr. IT Business Analyst, Manufacturing to join our team in Muscatine, IA!
This position supports the ERP Oracle system and drives HNI’s system capabilities and enhancements. This primarily centers on providing support in resolving service requests and problems, along with developing new capabilities required by the business.
In this role, you’ll meet with functional managers and members to understand business needs and objectives, translating these into business requirements through the technical delivery process such that configurations, technical specs, data, integrations, and functional code are built to deliver functional needs.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to be highly attuned to industry best practices for manufacturing. Managing small to medium projects, you’ll assemble teams, assign responsibilities, develop schedules, and perform implementations.
What you will do:
- Understand assigned business process areas, becoming a subject matter expert in day-to-day operations and activities
- Use business analysis skills to develop, recommend, and lead new processes
- Use an analytical framework leveraging industry research and best practices
- Build and leverage relationships with internal business partners, corporate enablers, and external partners to complete business analysis for projects and investments, and deliver technology solutions
- Build relationships with operating company stakeholders to complete business analysis for projects and investments
- Support assigned applications (resolving incidents, service requests within Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframe)
- Capture business requirements for assigned projects
- Assist business partners in developing business case for projects
- Develop functional specifications to describe the functional design of the system, its RICEW (reports, interface, conversion, enhancements/extension and workflow) needs, and gap analysis
- Responsible for system design and configuration of applications in area of responsibility
- Develop use cases, testing scenarios, and mock-ups/prototypes for projects
- Responsible for project Technical Specification and Development for assigned projects
- Create and update key project documents
- Manage small to large software/process implementation projects using HNI project management methodology
- Provide quality assurance, testing and updates to test plans and script documents as needed
- Prepare and deliver communications to various audiences, including business and IT leadership
- Provide insights and recommendations based on analysis, and speak to business impacts
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing information, developing alternative solutions, and working well in both individual and group problem solving situations
- Serve as a subject matter expert within area of expertise, including best practices and technology trends
- Partner with operating company functional managers and develop strategic focus regarding the applications within their specific functional area
- Manage enhancement requests from users within the IT demand planning framework, with a view of longer-term strategic vision of operating company goals
- Identify and deliver breakthrough value (new methods or processes that provide extraordinary benefit to the business partner or HNI) and establish standard work processes so the breakthrough is repeatable
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or related equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Oracle application experience in one or all the modules: Inventory, Bill of Material (BOM), WIP, Shipping, Costing
- Support or implementation experience in Oracle EBS R12 (12.2.4 preferred)
- Comfortable with complex PL/SQL code, XML reports
- Proficiency working with Oracle Support (raising SRs, escalating SRs etc.)
- 3+ years experience in technical development, including PL/SQL code, forms / reports / XML program development preferred
- Experience with functional and regression testing
- Experience in SOA, UC4 preferred
What you are good at:
- Very strong ability to document meeting notes, business correspondence, and flow-charts
- Able to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems to provide data processing and procedural enhancements
- Analytical capability, including analyzing problems and creating solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within the guidelines of a project management framework
- Communication skills, including clearly and concisely expressing professional opinions with supporting rationale
- Resilience, including ability to perform well in periods of peak workload, including coping with multiple priorities without loss of efficiency or composure
- Influencing skills, including ability to motivate others to work toward common organizational goals
- Comfort with making independent field-level decisions and interpretations of existing organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to synthesize high-level concepts surrounding new work requests into a scope document and set of business requirements
- Ability to effectively present information and training in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other members of the organization
- Ability to lead requirements-gathering sessions with relevant business members
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI), is a $2.3 billion-dollar, global office furniture and hearth product enterprise. Our furniture brands are among the strongest, most widely known in the industry, including HON, Allsteel, Gunlocke, HBF, Maxon, and OFM. The depth and breadth of our brands, the scale and capability of our manufacturing, and the strength of our distribution enables us to provide the best office furniture solutions to meet the needs of every customer.
The fourth largest employer in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 563-272-7400 or via email at email@example.com. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).
- Address Muscatine, IA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10