POSITION SUMMARY: The Cloud Engineer is responsible for defining and delivering enterprise level solutions to operational stability and automated deployment to production environments. This includes developing and promoting standard operating procedures and policies for the operating platforms in area(s) of responsibility; and providing guidance to development teams and integration teams.
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage AWS infrastructure to ensure security, performance, and availability of production systems.
- Support the effort to build and maintain continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and private Terraform modules.
- Manage configuration and deployment of large server clusters using Terraform, Serverless Framework, and Cloud Formation.
- Create and present AWS or technology solutions or designs, logical and physical diagrams, review architecture diagrams with development teams.
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering and application management to resolve production issues that impact user experience and overall application health.
- Identify root causes on critical problems throughout the platform, incident reports and the organization of the engineering team members in steps to resolve issues.
- Commit to success of delivery team. Assist team members in any activities needed to drive successful outcomes.
- Regularly review existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 3 years’ experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- 4 years’ experience with software development lifecycle or process flow and analysis.
- 4 years’ experience with security and DevSecOps, helping to promote security in software development and operations.
- 2 years’ experience with automation/configuration management using the following:
- Amazon Web Services (ServiceCatalog, EventBridge, Lambda, etc)
- Terraform, Serverless framework & CloudFormation
- Docker, bash, Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or 4 years of software development or automation architecture experience.
- 2 years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role with Amazon Web Services.
- 2 years’ Experience using Agile/Scrum methodology.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Req #: R-064107
- Address Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10