In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology.
This process includes:
- Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
- Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
- Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
- Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
The IT Security Architecture & Engineering team develops and guides technology risk management in collaboration with teams across the company to enable responsive, secure and cost effective solutions.
The Sr. Security Engineer is responsible for evaluating a myriad of deployment scenarios (e.g. on-premises, cloud, hybrid), services, models and technology to ensure they are secure and compliant across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). This role is highly versatile and technical, gleaning from heavy network engineering, application security and DevSecOps (Development, Security and Operations).
- Provide situation-based support, using in-depth knowledge of TWDC technology, to ensure systems are designed in accordance with and are aligned with Company security requirements; includes architecture assessments, secure development training, and conducting RTOs
- Create, review and present reports, position papers, assessment recaps to team (peers) and next level of leadership within team
- Execute advanced risk and threat analysis activities, leveraging learnings from external and internal cyber trends and incidents
- Develop and document technical solutions that meet specifications and impact future developments (position papers, process flows, requirements, data flows, mapping to controls)
- Identify, select, develop and document architecture artifacts (reference architectures, standards, policies, reusable designs, best practices) across data protection topics
- Lead discussions, assessments, tracking and overall reporting of technology security risks
- Documents issues, solutions and project status
- Understand business drivers and processes to evaluate risk and recommend solutions with a balanced result
- Promote awareness of applicable security policies and standards
- Assist with the maintenance of metrics and scorecards in support of the information security program
- 5 years’ experience with 3 or more areas including: public cloud, secure application development, virtual network big data, elastic compute, cloud security
- 1-3 years of practical cloud information security experience
- 5-8 years in IT and/or in this specific role
- BA/BS in Business or Computer Science or appropriate work experience
- Required – Two or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CCSP, AWS Certified Public Cloud Architect, MCSE Cloud, VMWare VCP6-Cloud, EMCCA (EMC Cloud Architect) or GIAC
- Masters or other advanced degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Job ID : 873750BR
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20