About the job
Senior Engineer 2
A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical, and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems, and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability are at the solution level.
As a Senior Engineer 2 you will be collaborating with engineers to build and support inventory deployment and planning tools to support the inventory to be available on time, at the right place for the customers. With the changing retail space, you will be working on enabling new features and delivering new tools. You will be building new features in a cloud-based architecture using oops/DB concepts in an agile, collaborative environment. You will be directly working with business partners to innovate and design for changing retail environment. You will need a strong passion to innovate and collaborate across teams to deliver a multi-channel solution for our business partners.
A day in the life…
- Responsible for feature design; evaluate designs and provide feedback
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify performance issues and optimize solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals
- Understand security protocols, interpret security and compliance requirements
You own this if you have…
- 7+ years professional experience in practice area
- 5+ years professional experience with SQL/relational databases
- Proficient in analyzing, designing, and developing reliable and scalable solutions.
- Proficient in more than 1 Object Oriented language such as Java
- Proven track record in Java and Java Spring boot framework.
- Experience with RESTful architecture and micro-services.
- Experience with cloud-based services (AWS/GCP)
- Experience with containerization (K8/Docker)
- Experience with Real time streaming (Kafka/SQS).
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with Oracle RPAS/RMS is a plus
- Should be able to articulate and architecture a well-designed system.
- Provide guidance and oversight for implementation and delivery of a feature.
- Collaborate with other engineers and leads on feature design and delivery to business users.
- Provide mentoring to other developers and engineers on best engineering practices
- Champions and identifies design improvements; makes recommendations to close gaps and build alignment.
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10