Full Job Description
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
As a forerunner in diabetic monitoring technology with our Free Style Libre product. We recently announced our next stage development of a new category of consumer biowearables called Lingo, which is being designed to track key signals in the body – such as glucose, ketones, and lactate – to help people better understand their general health and take action.
We are looking for cybersecurity experts in mobile and/or embedded software expertise. The cybersecurity engineer works with the product cybersecurity program to help architect, deploy and operate a secure cloud application infrastructure that aligns with business needs. In tandem with cybersecurity leadership, security engineers consistently assess the threat landscape and adapt quickly to protect the business from risk. They must be highly technical and possesses experience in security and systems administration across a wide variety software architecture’s. Because the role often interfaces with other business units, strong listening and communication skills are expected.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Technical leadership in one or more areas of application/embedded software development (such as software design, code development, testing and/or maintenance) including project scheduling activities.
- Reliably deliver high quality software within schedule constraints.
- Participate in threat modeling collaboration with other members of the development and security teams. Stay current with and remain knowledgeable about new threats.
- Leverage automation and orchestration solutions to automate repetitive tasks.
- Aid in threat and vulnerability research across event data collected by systems.
- Develop security test plans from architectural design. Identify deficiencies and make enhancements to ensure production is not impacted.
- Actively participates in product development teams for the development of new products and services.
- Works with the Software consultant(s) on the system and/or algorithm design and /or testing issues.
- Implement software or testing designs efficiently utilizing the appropriate tools such as C, C++, C#, Java, Nunit, Coverity as well as use of Version Control Systems.
- Participate in the full life cycle of development, from specification and design through implementation, testing, and support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors’ in Electrical or Computer Science or related engineering or scientific field. 8 years cybersecurity or IT management system experience with a strong preference for product security experience (consumer facing apps and services)
- At least 3 years of technical cybersecurity experience.
- Mobile and embedded software cybersecurity experience.
- Holds one or more cybersecurity certifications including: CCSP, CISSP, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or additional AWS advanced certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, VMware Certified Professional or has completed necessary cyber coursework.
- Good Knowledge and experience on RF software design, device driver configuration, and testing is a plus. Good experience in Communications design using RS232, Bluetooth, WiFi, TCP/IP, USB or equivalent is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at ww.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- Address Alameda, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10