The Lead Cybersecurity Engineer utilizes business knowledge and solid technical experience of security to provide a secure information environment for the business. The Lead Cybersecurity Engineer works in one of the following areas : Architecture, Network and Perimeter Security , Endpoint Security, Data Protection Engineering, Enablement, and Operations, Identity & Access Management Engineering, and Operations, Governance , Risk & Compliance, Security Operations and Resilience, SOC, Application Security and Vulnerability Management.
As a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, you will be a core player that participates and leads multiple efforts simultaneously. You are expected to build and grow the skillsets of more junior Engineers on the team.
The Systems Engineer II develops, maintains, and supports The Home Depot’s technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components. Collaborates with all parties in the support of the infrastructure including but not limited to troubleshooting, knowledge based articles, dashboards, automation, problem management, and continually improving the stability and security of THD infrastructure.
- Assist in technology upgrades and roll-out implementation
- Can communicate complete technical solutions to business partners with minimal direction using understandable language
- Ability to manage time and work independently on multiple projects; Systems Engineer 2 has been exposed team-based design reviews and has contributed to deliverables for their products; Escalate appropriately to technical leaders and management
- Collaborates with internal teams in terms of agile stories that are easy to understand and testable
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
35% Delivery & Execution – Reviews and aids junior level associates and contractors with configuration, debugging, and support of Infrastructure Operations; Manages the rollout or upgrade of technology using THD agile processes; Documents, reviews, and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met; Works with internal teams and product teams to ensure agile stories are easy to understand, testable, and able to be performed by any member of the team; Migrates automation scripts into THD standard infrastructure as code updating relevant dashboards, logging, and alerting
15% Learning – Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and collaborates on how they impact tools, training, and documentation of Infrastructure operations; Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices; Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used with other organizations; Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern integrated software and system design and development
10% Planning & Analysis – Collaborates with System Engineers and Support Desk & Operations teams to identify any impacting trends; Provides data on trends that need greater review to senior engineers as part of the problem management process
40% Support & Enablement – Collaborates with system engineers and Support Desk & Operations to improve KB articles; Handles escalation for vendor resolution; Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures and present to management; Reviews and validates that operational tools and alerts are accurate and actionable; Proactively develops tracking for production service level objectives and creates new automation to support as needed
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position typically reports to Systems Engineer Manager
This position has 0 Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional or educational experience as an Information Technology Engineer
- Experience to production system designs including Infrastructure as Code, High Availability, and Performance monitoring
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies Knowledge of multiple programming languages and life cycle methodologies
- Project leadership ability
- Interest in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern engineering team
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as GCP and Azure
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Being Resilient
- Global Perspective
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors