Job Description Summary
You will join a Team of Agile software craftsmen helping to solve GE’s toughest Cyber Risk challenges through software development and integrations. The Sr. Software Engineer will Develop, test and operate solution for Intelligence and Detection pillars of GE’s Incident Response plan.
As part of this team you will join a cross functional development pod creating new capabilities for both Cyber Intelligence as well as Threat Detection. Your familiarity with networking and cyber risk makes you the ideal engineer to enhance the Computer Incident Response Teams’ ability to track and identify targeted attacks. Specifically you will contribute to the suite of tools which operationalize the industry standard MITRE ATT&CK framework
Additionally you will:
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as story definition, product increment planning, and retrospective
- Identify downstream implications of technology choices
- Be responsible for the testing and quality assurance of solutions you design
- Participate in pair programming and peer reviews
- Analyze the current set of capabilities and propose improvements and changes
- Deliver operating plans for solutions you create, ideally with a DevOps focus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or (STEM) and 4+ years of professional experience OR an Associates Degree and 6+ yrs. experience OR a High School Diploma and 8+ yrs. of experience.
- 3+ years of experience Object Oriented software language (Python, C++, C# etc.)
- 1+ years of experience developing with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, or Ruby on Rails.
- U.S. Work Authorization is required. We will not sponsor work visas now or in the future for this role
- Experience within in a cross functional engineering team.
- Automated testing skills at unit, functional and integration levels
- General networking skills including: OSI, TCP/IP stack, Routing/Switching, DNS, firewalls, TCPdump, Wireshark and packet analysis
- Cyber intelligence practices like collection, analysis and enrichment, various classes of intelligence like IOCs vs TTPs
- Awareness of cyber security concepts like the Pyramid of Pain, Cyber Kill Chain and ATT&CK
- Familiarity with SOARs tools such as Phantom to orchestrate security intelligence and response functionality.
- Experience with common DBs like Maria, MySQL, Postgres to include schema design and creation, production admin/maintenance, as well as DB functions and views.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Address Van Buren Township, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors