About the job
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Solutions Architect, you will partner with the Optum Behavioral Care and Genoa Telepsychiatry businesses to deliver telemedicine applications and clinical data integrations that will improve the quality of behavior healthcare delivery. You’ll work with our engineering teams and partners within the Optum organization to select technology tools, design, and document integration architecture, and advocate for our technical vision across multiple levels of the organization. Our New York team is growing fast and offers ample career development opportunities in a mission-driven culture valuing empathy, collaboration, grit, and continuous learning.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Mentorship and Vision
- Work across organizations to align technical visions and advance ambitious technical goals
- Serve as a thought partner to engineering and product leadership
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to senior engineers
- Shape and execute a technical strategy to build technology that improves the quality of behavioral healthcare delivery
- Provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource, and business dependencies.
- Articulate and solicit support for architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels of the organization
- Research and evaluate new technologies, frameworks & tools for inclusion in our long term software engineering strategy
Security and compliance
- Ensure technology implementations meet applicable regulatory standards and best-practice security practices.
- Analyze our current technology environment to detect and address critical deficiencies and inefficiencies
Set Technical Standards
- Document and drive adoption of architecture that meets or becomes technical standards
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a similar field of study, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in software design/development, large-scale distributed systems, or similar architectures, high-volume data pipelines.
- Experience with technology projects following SAFE Agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with the business product teams to drive business benefits, create and execute technology strategies, groom business products for technical features per strategy, track and report on the total cost of implementation and ownership of the responsible business products
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems, and networking connectivity
- Deep expertise in multiple software delivery technologies
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and pursuit of continued learning
- 3+ years of experience architecting and/or deploying medical provider integrations, clinical and research environments
- Understanding of security, network, and cloud infrastructure techniques and how they apply to solution delivery across all departments
- Experience with TOGAF framework
- Experience with healthcare data standards and formats.
- Contributions to thought leadership in the tech industry
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
- Address Remote, OR, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors