Job Description Summary
As a Senior Security Engineer – Embedded Systems, you will have the opportunity to architect and develop OT cybersecurity solutions for embedded systems. You will lead and contribute to R&D programs aligned with GE’s businesses such as Aviation, Power, Renewables, and Healthcare as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Energy. The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products. Are you ready to join our team of technology enthusiasts to help make GE’s industrial assets safer and more secure to protect our nation’s most critical infrastructure?
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with GE businesses to help transition embedded cybersecurity concepts from early stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
- Work with U.S. Government Agencies to shape winning proposals and lead projects that will create innovative solutions to protect the nation’s critical infrastructure.
- Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool providers to identify the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
- Collaborate with Universities, Industrial consortiums, Commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in cybersecurity.
- Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open source communities.
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of industry related experience OR Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 8 years of industry related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of industry related experience.
- Strong embedded programming skills (e.g., C/C++, Java, Phyton, etc.).
- Experience with Linux security and Linux driver and/or kernel development.
- Experience with development of real-time embedded systems, microcontrollers, FPGAs, x86, and/or ARM processors.
- Experience with incorporating hardware-based security techniques (e.g. Hardware Security Modules, ARM TrustZone, Secure Boot, Software Update, etc.).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Experience with hypervisors, containers, and related technologies.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (e.g., VxWorks, QNX, Green Hills, etc.).
- Experience with writing winning proposals in response to government solicitations.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Address Niskayuna, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors