US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help develop and maintain updates to our global 3-year technology strategy. Ensure linkages to business strategy, financial objectives and market dynamics. Facilitate sessions as required.
- Facilitate the Sysco Technology Innovation Program which is based on three pillars: Co-innovation with partners and suppliers; co-innovation with universities, venture capital firms and other think tanks; and crowdsourcing / ideation. Work cross-functionally to include with legal (IP protection, etc), communications (marketing, etc) and other groups as needed.
- Support the VP in portfolio management (demand ingestion and prioritization; linkages to strategy; prioritization and dependency mapping; and more) while driving consistent adoption of our project management methodology (PMM). Help elevate the performance of our project delivery by enabling best in class project management capabilities.
- Working with the CIDO, VP and Executive Assistant (EA), assist in the daily operation of the department and the “Office of the CIDO”. Ensure CIDO and VP are properly prepared for all commitments and that all deliverables are properly prioritized, sequenced and delivered on-time and with quality.
- Serve as strategic advisor and counsel to the CIDO and VP. A special focus will be on managing the strategic interdependencies and coordination of multiple programs to ensure end-to-end delivery on-time, on-budget and with quality.
- Maintain linkages and dependencies between the corporate calendar (Board of Directors (BoD)), Executive Leadership Team (ELT), etc) and the CIDO and VP calendars; ensure proper sequencing and preparation.
- Critical meeting preparation to include, but not limited to, Board of Directors, ELT, enterprise committees and more. Prepare presentation materials, briefing papers and talking points as needed by the CIDO or VP.
- Facilitate all governance related processes for CIDO and VP to include, but not limited to, preparation for and support of the Technology Strategy and Architecture Subcommittee.
- Prepare global technology dashboard monthly which consists of the department’s top key performance indicators (KPIs) across four dimensions – people, financial, customer and operations. Benchmark performance accordingly.
- As directed by the CIDO or VP, serve as a key liaison to our Human Resources Department; facilitate our leadership and internship programs, campus recruiting and other talent programs.
- As directed by the CIDO or VP, serve as a key liaison to our Finance Department; ensure linkages between financials and KPIs, manage financial risks and opportunities and perform analysis, as needed, focused on benchmarking and efforts to lower the cost-to-serve.
- As directed by the CIDO or VP, serve as a key liaison to our Corporate Communications Department; provide required leadership, insights and support for the CIDO’s external and internal communications program. This includes town halls, blogging, announcements and more.
- Chair the Technology Employee Culture and Relations Committee. This is also known as our “Chief Fun Officer” to ensure we properly celebrate and recognize all aspects of our employee’s engagement.
- Lead, facilitate, participate and/or otherwise help enable community and/or philanthropic efforts.
- Other Administrative Tasks include owning / managing the CIDO follow-up folders; Office of the CIDO Microsoft Teams content; leadership distribution lists; and more.
- Other duties or special projects that may be required by the CIDO or VP.
Successful candidate will have:
The successful candidate will be an accomplished, innovative technology leader who has the right balance of leadership, financial acumen and technology depth and breadth. S/he can balance both strategic thinking and tactical execution. This is an ideal role for a proven mid-level leader who seeks additional breadth of skills and experiences for future technology leadership roles.
Candidates should have solid foundational technology experience (to understand linkages and dependencies while also helping to facilitate an innovation and modernization programs) but also the leadership presence (can facilitate strategy and problem-solving sessions one-day and present to the CEO the next), strong business engagement sills (to understand how to align and prioritize business and technology initiatives) and critical analytical skills (to navigate complex situations). While prior logistics & distribution industry experience is not required, relevant supply chain-oriented industry experience such as retail or wholesale B2B or B2C is a plus. Strong financial acumen and an attitude and aptitude for developing talent pipelines are important characteristics of the successful candidate.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- A leader and a manager capable of both motivating, inspiring and setting direction (leadership) and getting things done on-time, on-budget and to quality (management).
- Ideally, s/he has proven experience and/or exposure to three or more technology disciplines in his/her early career. These can include, but are not limited to, product or project management, software engineering, infrastructure operations, cyber security, ERP and corporate systems, eCommerce and many others.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with impeccable attention to detail. S/he is outstanding at “staff work” – the collecting, proofing, consolidating, editing and quality control to ensure high-quality deliverables from disparate leaders and teams.
- An innovative self-starter with strong initiative. A “get things done” mentality.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with strong executive presence and proven ability to influence. S/he will interact with individuals at all levels of organizations (both internally and externally).
- Finance savvy with an analytical rigor and inquisitive mind.
- 10 years of relevant experience preferred
- 5 years of relevant management experience preferred
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Studies in computer science, engineering, business or finance are preferred. An advanced degree is also highly preferred.
Team: While the direct team is small (two roles – Manager Technology Talent and Strategy Programs and Senior Analyst, Technology Programs) the scope, reach and influence are global and far-reaching.
Key Relationships: CIDO, VP, CIDO Staff, Executive Assistant, Technology Finance Team, Technology Strategy and Portfolio Managers. Exposure to senior leadership within Sysco.
Travel: Minimal travel and only as required by the CIDO or VP.
Candidates who start work in the months of May, June and July 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors