At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a highly motivated Senior Cybersecurity Specialist to join our Enterprise Government Cybersecurity team based in Huntsville, Alabama.
The candidate will rely on their cybersecurity and Information Assurance (IA) background to support Boeing customers in meeting National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG) and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) requirements.
- Rely on cybersecurity and technical background to perform security analysis of operational and development environments, threats, vulnerabilities and internal interfaces to define and assess compliance with accepted industry and government standards
- Implement the Authorization and Assessment (A&A) process under the Risk Managed Framework (RMF) for new and existing information systems, to include facilitating Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Interconnection Security
- Agreements (ISA), Risk Acceptance Letters (RAL) and support Continuous Monitoring (CONMON)
- Conduct compliance review of operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, and Solaris) to governing requirements
- Assess test/analysis data to document state of compliance with security requirements;
- Conduct risk assessments and investigations, execute appropriate risk mitigations, and oversee incident response activities
- Interface with the appropriate government customers, suppliers, and company personnel to implement protective mechanisms and to ensure understanding of and compliance with cybersecurity requirements
- Communicate with team leaders, managers and internal employees in the decision-making process to obtain needed information, make the most appropriate decisions, and ensure buy-in and understanding of resulting decisions
- Proactively determine project or assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials, and people needed
- Consistently and proactively identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments and effectively adjust priorities when appropriate
- Set high expectations for oneself, has the courage to raise the bar continuously
- Holds oneself and others accountable for continuous improvement and communicate expectations directly, openly and effectively
- Conveys sense of purpose and mission that motivates others, maintains direction, and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day issues
- Guide others in creating relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes
- Assessment, authorization, verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures, including knowledge of current governing regulations and compliance requirements; advanced level of understanding and proficiency in the use of networking computing hardware and software applications; extensive knowledge of processes and tools needed to maintain, archive, and retrieve digital files; as it relates to cybersecurity
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Currently hold certification in good standing to satisfy IAM Level III (CISSP, GSLC or CISM)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience in utilizing security relevant tools, systems, and applications in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include: NESSUS, ACAS, DISA STIGs, SCAP, Audit Reduction, and HBSS
- Experience with policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF): e.g. DAAPM, ICD-503, JSIG, and NIST 800 series special publications
- Experience in assessing and documenting test or analysis data to show cybersecurity compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes and tools to maintain, archive, sanitize, and retrieve digital files
- Demonstrated experience with performing security compliance monitoring and security policy assessments/audits
- Ability to read and understand contracts, Statements of Work (SoW), and DD-254s
- Experience with eMASS
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience, 13 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position will be for first shift.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Address Huntsville, AL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors